• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• undecided

• Total voters

Duty Honor Country

One of our new members said something about stopping 3 wal-marts from being built. I guess I am going to start the wal-mart debate here.

Is Wal-Mart the "great evil"?

Yes it possess my wife to spend money every time she's near one :shock:
Time for an exorcism :firedevi:

Doody said:
One of our new members said something about stopping 3 wal-marts from being built. I guess I am going to start the wal-mart debate here.

Is Wal-Mart the "great evil"?

I think the Walton family is/are the greatest monopolizers of all time. That's not a bad thing. My mom has worked at Wal-Mart for 14 years, she has been assistant manager here in Watertown, SD for 8 years. Wal-Mart does great things, she right now is involved in a program for teaching "challenged" students how to read and write. This Wal-Mart is #2 if not #1 in the state, it grosses over $200,000 a day. Yearly it donates over $50,000's a year to charitys. Wal-Mart is most certainly NOT evil.

I am going to say yes even though I like the low prices.

I worked at Wal-mart for a few months before heading back to the Army. The wages at Wal-Mart hardly cover the bills. Working full time barelyl brought in $1000 a month take home. Try to support a family with that.

I found working at wal-mart gave me no sense of accomplishment. THat is something the Army gives me a lot of.

Doody said:
I am going to say yes even though I like the low prices.

I worked at Wal-mart for a few months before heading back to the Army. The wages at Wal-Mart hardly cover the bills. Working full time barelyl brought in $1000 a month take home. Try to support a family with that.

I found working at wal-mart gave me no sense of accomplishment. THat is something the Army gives me a lot of.

I don't know if I'd call it the "great evil" just because of that, Doody. :lol:

I forgot to add in the fact that Wal-mart is killing a lot of the mom and pop stores. Are any of you familiar with Bar Harbor in Maine. The town is known for it's small shops and small town style. Wal-mart came in with a super center. A lot of small businesses were ran out of business.

I firmly believe that small businesses are better for the American worker.

Wal-Mart Not Evil. Wal-Mart good. We Must Worship and shop at the Almighty. O Great Wal-Mart How we Love you.

:roll:

My Dada has worked at Wal-Mart for like 27 Years Now. He retired a few years back but they wouldn't leave him alone so at age 40 he went back to work for them. After making a few termss With them and making close to the same amount as an Assistane Manager. Plus My Mom decided she wanted a job, My Dad meationed his wife was looking :they had a Job opening ...lol

Plus You can't hate the waltons for being 20 billion a peice.

or sam walton being an estimated 120 billion before he died.....O wait...Yes You Can :cen:

Yeah, you can't have it all.
It's kind of why people bust their asses through school. So they don't have to work at a place like Walmart.
Unfortunately for the mom and pop stores... though I like them, it seems mostly their days are numbered. Things have to get from the production line to the selling line quickly and efficiently and in mass numbers. mom and pop stores aren't very good at that. At least, not as much as Walmart.
I don't think it's evil... it does suck a bit though.

Yeah when Wal-Mart, Target and the very little of what is left of K Mart all die off maybe then mom and pop stors can re-open.

Back