Milforum Mac Daddy
wake-sleep.jpg

wake-cu.jpg

wake-bacon-open.jpg

wake-bacon.jpg

cookedPlate.jpg

Device

by Matty Sallin, Daniel Bartolini, Hsiao-huh Hsu

WHAT: An alarm clock that wakes you up with the smell and sizzle of cooking bacon.

WHY: No one likes to wake up, especially by an alarm. This clock gently wakes you up with the mouthwatering aroma of bacon, just like waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of Mom cooking breakfast. Unless you're Jewish.

HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes.

BACKGROUND: Waking up by force is physically and spiritually jarring, but we must do it nearly all the time. By interview and direct observation, we found a number of ways in which common alarm clocks could be improved. Many are simple conveniences, but the most essential finding was that most people eventually become "immune" to their alarms. To that end, we proposed a plugin architecture where the alarm triggers any number of seperate modules, similar to that of an electric timer with a snooze button.

Source

Wake N Bacon video noteworthy. Begins 2:20
"you know how there are vegetarians that make exceptions for fish. I think if those guys tried bacon they would be making an exception for bacon. bacon. bacon!"

interesting
I need to get one as gift for my fatty friend :D pretty sure she's gonna love it :D lol

Thanks !

LOL, Hahahahahhahahaha!!!! I love it!!! lol...where can I get one??? Yay!!! bacon!!!! lol...

Ahhh,... don't worry about us Jews, we can eat Bacon because it is not "pork". Well,... Not by my reckoning anyway.:)

We had four good Muslim Indonesian exchange crew at one of our training depots in the early 70s. After 12 months they were due to go home but were horrified that they would no longer be able to have bacon sangas for breaky, or smoked ham in their salads.

Y'know a great little weapon like this might be the beginning of the end for Muslim fundamentalism???

In Indonesia, most of the Muslims drink beer.
Some do eat pork secretly in Medan where there is a higher percentage of Chinese minorities (and more influence).
Back in the 70's Islam wasn't exactly how it is now. The current brand of Islam generally is more radical than it was back then.

I am a Christian and I don't eat pork or shellfish for religious reasons. That includes bacon. I don't hold tightly to that, as right now I'm munching on smoked oysters. As for pork itself, very very rarely can I eat anything pork related and not take seriously ill.

Turkey bacon though, not the greatest, but tolerable as I used to live off of BLTs years before I was ordained.

Back