In wake of Iraq war, allies prefer China to U.S. - Page 4

--
Boots

June 25th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

Last I checked North Korea depends on food aid to prevent mass starvation.
June 26th, 2005  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
This is BS. Every Superpower in the history of mankind spen sometime telling everyone why its better than them. So what?
I agree and how many popular/liked superpowers has there been throughout history?
June 26th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

The United States in 1945-48.

That about sums it up.
--
Boots
June 26th, 2005  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSmaster
no nation can survive without trading (except North korea probably)
Now THAT is an ignorant statement. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you, what is your definition of a nation "surviving"?
June 26th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PershingOfLSU
Last I checked North Korea depends on food aid to prevent mass starvation.
that's great, and what does that have to do with anything?
June 26th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

It is a direct answer to a post by CSmaster that you must have missed.
June 26th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
It is a direct answer to a post by CSmaster that you must have missed.
?? he said "no nation can survive without trading"

he didnt say trading what, for all you know it could be trading goods that is needed by one country for better international relations or political goodwill that is desired by another country

unless of course you think nations give foreign aid to north korea because they just like them
June 26th, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

CSmaster specifically stated that he believed North Korea could survive without trade.

I refuted that by stating that North Korea is dependent on foreign food aid to survive.

No trading at all would mean no food aid and mass starvation throughout North Korea.
June 26th, 2005  
queens_ranger

Quote:
CSmaster specifically stated that he believed North Korea could survive without trade.

I refuted that by stating that North Korea is dependent on foreign food aid to survive.

No trading at all would mean no food aid and mass starvation throughout North Korea.
not really, unless you believe north korea depends on 117 million US dollars worth of food aid to survive

you need to understand that sum does not amount to a major portion of the agricultural output needed. it's a good deed but it doesnt change much

just to let you know, kenya got 453 million during the same period, and we all know that hasnt stopped mass starvation in the least
June 26th, 2005  
MarineGtoACommo

This data is flawed! You can't try to make a 1:1 comparison and then give numbers that add up to more than 100! Dumb!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb!

What's more, you can't provide (flawed) statistics from predominently Muslim, Communist or ultra-liberal countries and then expect to get a comprehensive view of overall world statistics!

Yuck!