Wailing Wall

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had beengoing to the Wailing Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Wailing Wall and there he was walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane in a very slow fashion, she approached him for an interview..

"Pardon me Sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN, What's your name?

"Maury Fishbein" he replied.

"Sir, how long have you been coming to the Wailing Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims.

I pray for all the wars and hatred to stop.

I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a brick wall."

P.S. No disrespect towards those of the Jewish faith is intended. I just thought the story was sadly funny.

Actually TomTom, the irony of the joke is great for a discussion.
I heard that joke some years back and thought it was hilarious until I took a college course in "World Religions". Then I saw the irony.

I don't think that anything we do, will ever bring peace between the three. We just have to learn to tolerate each other and respect other's space.

if these religions could just focus on their similarities (they are the three Abrahamic faiths after all) instead of their differences and just accept that there are different religious pathways for different people the world would be in a much better place. :cheers: it's the goddamn fanatics ("my way or the highway") who make everything so messed up. :bang:

true, but I do have to make a point there. jews have never tried to convert anyone forcibly. they accept converts but don't go looking for them. that's cuz jews believe that everyone goes to heaven jewish or not, as long as they are a good person :angel: that's just jewish belief. unfortunately, the other 2 don't swing that way... :cry:

Heh! Yeah, good point. Also in Islam, everyone is Muslim, until they decide for themselves that they are not.
Or so they say.

Back