Waffen SS (Moved from the mottos forum) - Page 4

--

March 22nd, 2010  
Chukpike

There is no need for comments like that!

You guys win! The German Waffen SS were a bunch of Choir Boys and WWII did not happen!

I stand corrected, nothing to see here folks, everyone lied about WWII.
March 22nd, 2010  
rattler

...very substantial contribution indeed, amazing display of analytical capabilities!

Rattler
March 23rd, 2010  
Ollie Garchy

Watch and listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-jTZdypPE

I love all those who gave their lives in pursuit of a better cause.

If you think that the cause was wrong, ask yourself how your life has improved since knowing that the Germans lost. Then ask yourself how the Chinese domination of the American financial system is to your benefit. Then ask yourself how often the American politicians have worked wonders for you and your life.

If your are honest, you will accept the sad fact that the governments of the West do not share any responsibility for the people.

We had our chance...it died with Hitler...

Ollie
--
March 23rd, 2010  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Garchy
Watch and listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD-jTZdypPE

I love all those who gave their lives in pursuit of a better cause.

If you think that the cause was wrong, ask yourself how your life has improved since knowing that the Germans lost. Then ask yourself how the Chinese domination of the American financial system is to your benefit. Then ask yourself how often the American politicians have worked wonders for you and your life.

If your are honest, you will accept the sad fact that the governments of the West do not share any responsibility for the people.

We had our chance...it died with Hitler...

Ollie
I think you are jumping the gun a bit here because I am pretty sure there are few people outside Germany that believe their lives would have been better had you won.
March 23rd, 2010  
rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I think you are jumping the gun a bit here because I am pretty sure there are few people outside Germany that believe their lives would have been better had you won.
And inside neither more than a few. The name of the poster suggests he is one of them, guys who wold prefer oligarchy to democracy.

Rattler
March 23rd, 2010  
lljadw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukpike
Great now we get someone even dumber than a post! Hey Doppleganger is this your son?
Killing innocent civilians is pretty much the definition of atrocities!
No wonder people love the German SS, and no wonder the German people are held up to ridicule for past actions.

Hey MontyB, sounds like you could make a new friend.

I am sure you remember, were you one of participants? If you are, they are still looking for you.

You didn't put your age in your profile so I would guess about ten.

You are a primary example of why some animals eat their young.

You guys win! The German Waffen SS were a bunch of Choir Boys and WWII did not happen!

I stand corrected, nothing to see here folks, everyone lied about WWII.
I advise you to look on a telephone-directory :you can find a lot of psychiatrists .
I have seen a lot of stupidities,but you have won the first price
March 23rd, 2010  
Redleg

Please keep the dicsussion civilized from now on gents!
This is the first and only warning I'll post here
March 23rd, 2010  
Cdt Matteo

Chukpike, as much as you hate the fact that the Waffen SS were a superior fighting force does not take away from its truth. They committed war crimes as all nations did at the time. What they stood for was rather honourable if you ask me: Loyalty, Honour, Valor.

They were professional soldiers and the reason they are considered "war criminals" is because history is written by the victors. The reason why the Allied nations were never charged with war crimes is for the same reason as above. Don't try to respond with another insult because it will only further your immaturity. There is room for a civilized debate and not for anything else.
March 23rd, 2010  
lljadw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdt Matteo
Chukpike, as much as you hate the fact that the Waffen SS were a superior fighting force does not take away from its truth. They committed war crimes as all nations did at the time. What they stood for was rather honourable if you ask me: Loyalty, Honour, Valor.

They were professional soldiers and the reason they are considered "war criminals" is because history is written by the victors. The reason why the Allied nations were never charged with war crimes is for the same reason as above. Don't try to respond with another insult because it will only further your immaturity. There is room for a civilized debate and not for anything else.
I have one objection:that the WSS were a SUPERIOR fighting force.
Maybe it goes for the initial WSS divisions:LSAH,Das Reich,Totenkopf and only till 1944,but tha later WSS units were not better than the divisions of the Army,and some (Handschar,the Ukrainians ..) were even worse .
I expect some will reply with the Hitlerjugend at Caen. Yes,they were fighting fanatically,but were defeated.
If fighting fanatically =a superior fighting,then the Japanese should be condidered as THE superior fighting force,they WERE fighting to the last man .
March 23rd, 2010  
Cdt Matteo

Very good point and thank you for clarifying. Like all things towards the end of the war (on the German side), things deterioated. The 'top' SS division (Leibstandarte, Das Reich, etc) were very well trained, very motivated and were generally well equipped (not so much in early war when under the command of the Heer).

About the 12th SS, lets not forget they were thrown together in a short period of time and did much more than what the Allies expected a bunch of teenagers to do (led by Ostfront veterans). They may not have been as well trained and 'elite' as the, for example, Leibstandarte, but they performed amazing for what they had.