W. German/E. German border. The "Trace". Were you

CavScout

I am curious to know if anyone here on this board ever patrolled the "Trace" as part of the 3/11 ACR Blackhorse (US Army) when the border was still up between the 2 countries (W. Germany/E. Germany)? I spent a couple of years over there till the wall came down and I had some intense experiences, any one else?

My boss was with the 11th ACR I cant remember exactly which company he was with, he always talks about it. I believe he was there around the mid 80s, I know he served under Bradley. I remember him telling a story about 2 Cav scouts who threw a officer out a second story window.

Big_Z said:
My boss was with the 11th ACR I cant remember exactly witch company he was with, he always talks about it. I believe he was there around the mid 80s, I know he served under Bradley. I remember him telling a story about 2 Cav scouts who threw a officer out a second story window.

Hey can you find out what unit he was with and the year he was there? Whats his name?

He is doing some MOS schooling right now, he gets back on the 21st. I'll tell him about you then see if he wants me to give out his name. Feel free to pm me.

Big_Z said:
He is doing some MOS schooling right now, he gets back on the 21st. I'll tell him about you then see if he wants me to give out his name. Feel free to pm me.

Roger that.

Back