Did you vote?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Not elligible

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Seriously how do expect the quality of politics to improve which is something that every one here bemoans regardless of political preference on a daily basis when you keep endorsing it at every election?

You know of a better way?
Personally I'd like to see a blue collar working guy who barely makes enough to buy gas run for it.

Personally I'd like to see a blue collar working guy who barely makes enough to buy gas run for it.
My Grandfather for President!

He served in the Army Post-Korea and worked in a factory for 40 years. He's the perfect average Joe. Heck, his name's even Joe.

You know of a better way?

Surely the fact that you need god knows how many millions of dollars just to get nominated is an indication of how detached from the average citizen politics has become, I really struggle to see how a multimillionaire can possibly understand the plight of your average middle class family (the majority of voters) in any way shape or form.

My Grandfather for President!

He served in the Army Post-Korea and worked in a factory for 40 years. He's the perfect average Joe. Heck, his name's even Joe.

Sounds perfect as long as his last name isn't Stalin then it may get a bit sticky.

:)

Surely the fact that you need god knows how many millions of dollars just to get nominated is an indication of how detached from the average citizen politics has become, I really struggle to see how a multimillionaire can possibly understand the plight of your average middle class family (the majority of voters) in any way shape or form.

Sounds perfect as long as his last name isn't Stalin then it may get a bit sticky.

:)

Why do I need god? what did I miss there?
but your right a millionaire has no clue what goes on down here where I am.

TOG would your granddad even want that job?
I hear its low pay nowdays LOL

That's an important part, but only part of what it takes to be President of the USA.....At least in regards to domestic peace, love and understanding. So much more to being President of this great country than just that.

Last edited:
TOG would your granddad even want that job?
I hear its low pay nowdays LOL

I am prepared to bet that he would do it because he believes in the role unlike a sizable proportion of the current applicants who see it as a good career move.

Thta's not accurate for McCain! He can retire if he wanted to, he's not doing this as a career move unlike some who are trying to get the position as an intern.

Hey you don't have to argue McCain's qualifications with me I have had a long and lengthy argument with 5.56 that he would have been a better choice than Bush 8 years ago I do like the guy (even met him a couple of times), that being said I would probably back Obama in this election because I think he is the better man for the position at this time.

Tongue-in-cheek ..................

I'd take the job,

I would too ... the only problem, is the fact that I would end up being a one-term President. My very first act would be to do everything in my power, to get at least half of those idiots that make up the Congress and the Senate replaced by average Joes like myself (even if it meant prosecuting them for malfeasance etc). There'd be a witch hunt to remove those who don't have their constituents best interests at heart.

Partisan politics is the bane of this country and can blamed for much of the ills that presently face our nation. An example is the present President and his policies that favor big business to the detriment of the middle class (which is quickly shrinking), which were rammed through when the Republicans were in the majority in the House/Senate.

While I make these comments, tongue-in-cheek, it points out just how I feel about the present administration and the sycophants who were quick to kiss the keister of GW Bush by passing economic programs that don't work and to back him in an unjustified war (Bush's War).

Somehow all of this nonsense about the terrible Bushy boy just doesn't do it for me.
Mistakes made? Probably so. However, I think he's done a damned good job for the cards he was dealt during his Presidency.

Somehow all of this nonsense about the terrible Bushy boy just doesn't do it for me.
Mistakes made? Probably so. However, I think he's done a damned good job for the cards he was dealt during his Presidency.
I can only name one good thing he did during his entire presidency: he removed the Taliban from power, eliminating Al Qaeda's save haven in Afghanistan. Other than that, nothing but a line of mistakes and botched jobs.

Back on topic. Chief Bones, your last paragraph speaks my mind. Well said.

I would too ... the only problem, is the fact that I would end up being a one-term President. My very first act would be to do everything in my power, to get at least half of those idiots that make up the Congress and the Senate replaced by average Joes like myself (even if it meant prosecuting them for malfeasance etc). There'd be a witch hunt to remove those who don't have their constituents best interests at heart.

Partisan politics is the bane of this country and can blamed for much of the ills that presently face our nation. An example is the present President and his policies that favor big business to the detriment of the middle class (which is quickly shrinking), which were rammed through when the Republicans were in the majority in the House/Senate.

While I make these comments, tongue-in-cheek, it points out just how I feel about the present administration and the sycophants who were quick to kiss the keister of GW Bush by passing economic programs that don't work and to back him in an unjustified war (Bush's War).

LOL I'd be the first American dictator to be reelected to a second term in a free general election. the world would either love the US or totally hate the US after I was done, but if I lost the confidence of the people of the United States, I'd be glad to step down early, and let sombody else have a turn. Of course terrorists would fear me. but not as bad as rich company execs' who don't care about their people.

Money is like a country's blood. If large corporations don't serve the purpose of pumping in money into the country's economy, there is no use for them.

Well added to mistakes, is incompetance (Afghanistan and Iraq), corruption (no bid contracts to Halliburton), arrogence (the treatment of our European Allies), vindictiveness (Valerie Plame, Scott Ridder, anyone else who dared criticized his royal majesty), dishonesty (Healthy Forests Act, WMD in Iraq), a healthy disrespect for the law/constutiton (torture) and the US and a dangerous precedent in seeking total imperial executive power (Cheney telling Congress he's not part of the executive branch and therefore immune from executive oversight) that would have made Richard Nixon blush.

All I can say is that whoever wins will be an improvement from what we got now, because frankly its nigh impossible to do any worse.

Back