• Ban

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No Ban

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Mod edit and removal of REP points!

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

zyonchaos

Would it be possible for mods to ban people who use someones entire post as a quote, before putting comments of "yeah nice one" or "I like it"?
I dont know about anyone else but I find it annoying, just a temporary ban like 24hrs or something. Or failing that can the mods edit it and take it out?

Would it be possible for mods to ban people who use someones entire post as a quote, before putting comments of "yeah nice one" or "I like it"?
I dont know about anyone else but I find it annoying, just a temporary ban like 24hrs or something. Or failing that can the mods edit it and take it out?

If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not for you!!

Im Royal Air Force take me to my hotel!!!!

Nice one!
:)

hehehehe

Seriously I agree with your sentiment. I have simply taken to punishing these people by tagging their "rep" points as they don't seem to be violating any rules while still adding nothing to the forum of any value, not even comedic value.

If it wasnt for you taking the P**S and telling me previously I'd neg your rep aswell you swine lol cheers mate
:cheers:

it looks like the mod edit option with the eventual removal of rep points will be the preferred method. Use the report button to let the mods know that someone did such a post. We will inturn warn the offender while editing the post. Failure to ignore the warnings will result in a loss of rep points and the possibility of a temp ban.

I hope this addresses the issue

Doody

I agree with Doody - AT MOST removal of rep points.

It's easy for use to do, but I think of internet users like my dad who isn't the most skilled user - he sends me forwards and stuff like that.

I'm a member of other message boards which have a lot of Veterans on there, much older than most of us here. They post replies and quotes like that. I think it's just their level of computer skill.

For us, it might be annoying, for them it's all they know.

1- I doubt any body can tell some one else what to post or what not to post as long as it is within the rules of the forum

2- No one is obliged to post materials to please other members

3- I am afraid this rep power might be manipulated by some members who are a bit selfish and would like to have their own little dictatorship wherever they go

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:
3- I am afraid this rep power might be manipulated by some members who are a bit selfish and would like to have their own little dictatorship wherever they go

In such cases, PM a mod and we will review the reason behind the bad rep point vote.

I do also monitor the rep points daily, to weed out unjust negative rep.
I've already deleted a couple and PMed the member(s) about it.

Back