voices

yingying

It will be unfair to associate China with any form of terror or fear just becos America consider her a threat,China is an out standing opportunity that any aspiring country should look onto,Democracy or commu offers no perfection for mankind,America should brave the shame to see other form of goverments works out the much talked about democracy

The PRC today is not yet a superpower, but it would be in 30-40 years. There is some chance that China in 2040 would be an aggressive superpower, but there is a greater chance that it would not be.
  The empirical indicators of democratic progress are not always observable in linear dimension. For many years, South Korea and had only rudimentary indications of democratic progress.
--by Richard Isibor
---------------
Regarding China, if you're worried about Taiwan and Tibet, please thinking about all the colonies and territories that the western nations have occupied and are still occupying. If you're worried about human rights, look back to the ruthlessness of the colonists in the 17-19th century. Which developed nation did not go through a tumultuous past? It took America more than 100 years just to emancipate slaves! Compare that to China's less than 60 years' of independence.
--by Jeff church
------------------
China has been a powerful country for the most part of the past three thousand years. China is now rising again. Why is that so surprising to people? History is the best evidence. The rise of China is just a matter of when, not if. Plus, do you want $100 jeans? Do you want $200 shoes? Do you want $3000 computers? If the answeres are NO, you'd better thank China and appreciate the benefits that it brings to your daily life.
--by Richard
-------------------------
OK. With much respect have you people been to China? Have you lived in China? Have you met and worked in China. Please don't pass comments on the news media you read. Talk about experience and facts. I am not talking about the little English teacher. I am referring to Government officials and Execs. China has a long, long way to go. It is one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
--by Lawrence
----------------------------
I am happy for the Chinese people that their economy, and therefore their prosperity, is growing. I am sure that they have worked very hard for it and deserve it.
  However, I enjoy living in the UK and under UK/EU Law and I do not want China imposing its values (as they currently stand) on us in the future. In particular, I dislike the Chinese governments controls on religion. However, I pray that things will change there and that they become a more open minded society.
-by Derek Allen
---------------------
As a chinese person living in the U.S, I'd much rather prefer the U.S being a world power than china. The corruption prevalent in all levels of government there is almost unimaginable. Then again, china probably won't become as powerful as people might think. Not with the state of peasant unrest (nearly every fall of a dynasty/era in china was due to peasant rebellion)and a myriad of other issues that would obstruct her rise to power.
--by Lee
----------------------
Why is it that whenever a country, other than the US or Western Europe, makes progress and develops economically and militarily it becomes too powerful or too influencial and has to be checked, according to Western Europe and the US?
--by Jia Li Xian
--------------------
The US has been trying to portray the Chinese as a government which doesn't respect human rights and treat people fairly. Hello! The US has tortured people across the world, Abu Graip, Guanatamo Bay, keeps people in prison without trail, abortion bans. I think you get the picture. The US should stop portraying itself as a Saint and labelling every one else as Demon.
--by Nyakairu
--------------------------
Why do people keep bashing the US when they congratulate China? We are one of China's biggest customers and our companies provide a lot of Chinese jobs. 1.3 billion customers is good news for Americans. US business is taking off over there and new Chinese customers have enabled my company to hire lots of Americans as well. Why can't this be a good thing all around?
--by mohamed ali
-------------------------
People just hate China for "who knows why". China economic growth is a direct contribution of it's hard-working people. Their desire to pursue happiness and prosperity, just like everybody else in the world. Their success is not due to US or UK's permission, although it's a interdependent relationship economically, and their growth can not be stopped at like a toy car even if you think it's "too powerful"
--by Paula
---------------------------------------
I welcome China's rise in the world and look forward to it being a counterweight to US aggresion.The economic commitment and miltary support it is giving to the new left in Latin America has really impressed me.It has human rights problems but I consider its attemps to lift 100's of millions of people in the world out of poverty a greater human rights achievment than British and US warmongering.
--by Michael
--------------------------------------
Other wise there are no problems with China except that they occupy Tibet, they threaten Taiwan and they dump excessively cheap products to the markets, thus disturbing them. They consume too much raw material resources and pump very much carbon to the skies. If they could do something on these issues they would be very appreciated
--by Adam Kane
------------------------------------------
I see nothing wrong with China becoming more powerful, especially when its success is due to hard work instead of colonizing most of the world, killing the local people and robbing them of their wealth.
--by Istvan Hunanui
-----------------------
It is always a good thing to have diversity. Having China as a superpower, we'll have a more diverse viewpoint at the world stage. What we have now is a singular voice at the world stage, one nation defines what is right and what is wrong.
--by Matt Lee
-----------------------
Too powerful? What have China done to make it TOO powerful? The cheap products? The "undervalued" Yuan? Do you describe a hard-working man selling low-price staff as too powerful? I wonder why you don't raise such question?: have American become too powerful?
--by Lianwee
------------------------------
Us, Them... They are all our brothers and we should always embrace them. The growing power of fear is the underlying problem here.
--by John.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://It seem that the words are from BBC,but I am nott sure.

Last edited:
Where is the link to the source of this "conversation"?

Just a thought about internet ettiquette. I hope you have the permission of the forum and the members whose names and words you have posted here.

Last edited:
 As a chinese person living in the U.S, I'd much rather prefer the U.S being a world power than china. The corruption prevalent in all levels of government there is almost unimaginable. Then again, china probably won't become as powerful as people might think. Not with the state of peasant unrest (nearly every fall of a dynasty/era in china was due to peasant rebellion)and a myriad of other issues that would obstruct her rise to power.
http://www15.tianya.cn/publicforum/Content/worldlook/1/104848.shtml

HA! From your source.

Yeah, if someone in this forum can read about the passages writen in chinese,it will be very good for them to log in that forum.
That is the biggest forum in China.
Wish you will enjoy it.

Well at least Yingying goes about it in the proper way! He works with quotes and that's a start. Add some links and it will be as good as any other post :). And because you don't agree IG, doesn't make it a pile of doodoo.... We cross daggers on a regular basis and I still think you're okay!!!

Back