Vlog: Chemical Warfare Iran-Iraq War

Arash_IMV

Hey guys!

Been reading the forum for a while now and decided to sign up. I wanted to share some of the videos I'll be doing on Middle Eastern (and particularly Iranian) military and industrial developments.

This is my first real effort at making a vlog. It discusses how and when Saddam Hussain was capable of using WMDs against Iranian troops and Iraqi civilians during the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988). It also offers a short timeline.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Medieval helpdesk

Saddam

Saddam was a 1st class scumbag. Your video points this out with excellent examples. You are right at the time the west considered Iran the bigger treat. I didn't know they overlooked the Gas attacks, it's been a long time. This was shown on the western news at the time.
Then to use the stuff on his own citizens the Kurds "because of a handful of rebels". I can still remember the scene's from these attacks. Many of the victims were women and children. Also the people that are left with the after effects and remain disabled. This behavior is similar to that of Saddam's hero Stalin "to punish the many to get the few".
I think the last time Gas was used before this was by Italy on Ethiopia and they got away with it to.

Good Job!

Chemical "warfare" is friggin' nasty business! It's been going on for eons... it seems. We are no exception. Kills our own guys in the meantime too. Innocents are bound to be killed in war, but by their own government? That's screwed up man. After effects- forget it. They are maimed, disfigured, and neurologically messed up til the day they die. Bad sh*te!

Back