Vladimir Putin

GuyontheRight

Is it just me, or is this guy some kind of mastermind? Yea, I know it sounds funny, but as a former head of the KGB, It would seem like all is not what it seems with him.

For instance, the War with Iraq. Now, Russia is anything but a "pasifist country", so I really dont see why he oppsed the war so much. After all, he's waging his own Vietnam down in Chechnya against simililar Muslim extremists that we face in Iraq. You would think we'd be on the same page, right? How could he possibly have benifited from not having a war? Was he mearly playing a political card with much of NATO and the EU, or did he have hidden oil and weapons contracts like France and Germany did?

Speaking of Chechnya, if Europe and much of the world is so "anti-war", why have they all swung their backs to this conflict? Im not saying Im against that war, it's just it seems like the whole thing is being covered up to some degree.

And then you get into the recent stuff, the silencing of the political opposition and so forth. Is it just me, or is this guy becoming a dictator. Absurd I know, call it a conspiracy theory if you want, but it's just been somthing on my mind for awhile. Anyone who got the TIME of persons of the year would have seen him in it, which raised similar questions.

Your thoughts please.

Not very big on him at all. I think that he could easilly be another Stalin, and given the typical Russian "slow to criticize the system" mentality, he'd more than likely get away with it.

Remember the Kursk? Half of the world offered to help the Russian navy before it was too late. However, Putin decides to show the world that the Russian navy still has what it takes, only to fail miserably at the expense of hundred of young men's lives. And the dude is still in office.

He's even changed the national anthem set in 1991 by Yeltsin, to the tune of the old communist anthem, with different words in 2000. All in all, that country has been screwed up since the Mongols had hold of it, and they never seemed to recover.

I think Vladimir Putin is a very intelligent man!

And he is also one of the few sober Russian leaders, so that makes him even more dangerous.... :wink:

Chechnya and a lot of other things has been almost completely covered up...
(I haven't got time to write more now, but I'll come back to this one later...)

By the way, and speaking of Chechnya...has anyone here seen the video of that Russian soldier being beheaded by a rebel?

It's something that you DO NOT want to see. It takes a lot to ruffle my feathers, and after seeing that (mostly hearing the kid's gurgling and screaming) I actually lost some sleep over it.

Maybe I'm wrong about the new Russia, growing up aware of the cold war and all. But after Yeltsin and all his shenanigans, Putin being KGB...I just don't know.

Back