vista screen adjustment

Mr KillKill

Just upgraded one of my drives to run on Vista, runs OK except for one annoying problem that is driving me insane trying to solve.
The screen is slightly up and slightly to the left and therfore hides part of the screen while leaving a black bar on the bottom and right hand side of the screen. Normally to solve this I would simply use the adjustment controls on the base of the monitor but am running my PC on a 42" LCD TV and there are no buttons or option in the menu (on the TV) setting that will allow me to do this. Another option would be to open up the graphics card drivers and manually adjust the screen position from there but this is only an option if you manually install them which is just peachy if you're running XP but not if you have Microsft-we-have-ALL-the-drivers-you-will-ever-need-Vista which keeps telling my drivers are up to date.
Surely I'm missing somthing and I can adjust the screen, but I'm buggered if I know how.

Just upgraded one of my drives to run on Vista, runs OK except for one annoying problem that is driving me insane trying to solve.
The screen is slightly up and slightly to the left and therfore hides part of the screen while leaving a black bar on the bottom and right hand side of the screen. Normally to solve this I would simply use the adjustment controls on the base of the monitor but am running my PC on a 42" LCD TV and there are no buttons or option in the menu (on the TV) setting that will allow me to do this. Another option would be to open up the graphics card drivers and manually adjust the screen position from there but this is only an option if you manually install them which is just peachy if you're running XP but not if you have Microsft-we-have-ALL-the-drivers-you-will-ever-need-Vista which keeps telling my drivers are up to date.
Surely I'm missing somthing and I can adjust the screen, but I'm buggered if I know how.

I had Vista on my laptop, it caused me so many problems I got rid of it and had XP installed. Now my laptop runs much faster and easier to use.

Vista

I have Vista on a slightly high end Dell Core II system/laptop with 4 GB of memory and am forcing myself to stay with Vista. Only because I need to learn it better otherwise I'll be on Win XP Pro in a heartbeat. Windows 7 is a year or so away and from the little I look at it you might as well learn Vista now and get use to it.

I think Microsoft will drop support for Win XP fast when Windows 7 comes out, two OS's behind at that point.

Yes I'm not a big fan of Vista, therefore I have all my other drives running on XP as is much more user and programe friendly. Unfortunatley, as rock45 points out, with Vista out and WIN7 on the way, Microsoft will cease support for XP soon so am trying to get myself familiar with Vista or whatever future version of WIN Microsoft will produce. From what I've seen, WIN7 will be similar to Vista
deadhorse.gif

Back