"Visiting Nature" in a tank (or other) in combat..

mdvaden

In my own industry - I know the tricks of going to "the bathroom".

There is always some bush to take a leak - some hidden corner. At least for men.

Mod edit:*POOF*. Common, spare us the exact details....

Anyway - when tanks are in combat situations, is there a toilet thing in there? I can't picture the operators climbing out into the open.

How is this dealt with in a tank? Plane? Other equipment?

There is no rest room inside a tank. there is no room. the crew needs to leave the tank to go to the "bathroom". obviously, during a firefight, they just hold it in.

As to planes, well, it depends. the big cargo planes have bathrooms on them. the fighter jets dont, so i assume the pilots make sure they use the restroom before a flight.

i doubt even fighter pilots can hold it for a 15 hour flight, even if they went before they took off ;)

Some tanks, such as the M-60 actually have a hatch on the bottom of the hull of the tank. Open that, and you're in business.

Well, what an intreresting question.

I'm guessing now with that new Russian anti-tank round that drills a hole in the gap between the chasie (<--sp?) and turret that the crews relieve themselves on the spot i.e. in their seat.

Well in the heat of any combat.
Thought he just meant without leaving the tank... maybe you're afraid of snipers.

SHERMAN said:
thats the emergency hatch..either way, there is no time it the heat of modern combat.

Depending on the nation I heard from a fighter Pilot that they had small tubes they could pee in and plug the end.
for the "big job" they just had to sh... themselfes and finish the mission that way.

EOD said:
Depending on the nation I heard from a fighter Pilot that they had small tubes they could pee in and plug the end.
for the "big job" they just had to sh... themselfes and finish the mission that way.

terrifying enemy with the blizzard of poo poo
:lol:

Re: "Visiting Nature" in a tank (or other) in comb

mdvaden said:
In my own industry - I know the tricks of going to "the bathroom".

There is always some bush to take a leak - some hidden corner. At least for men.

Mod edit:*POOF*. Common, spare us the exact details....

Anyway - when tanks are in combat situations, is there a toilet thing in there? I can't picture the operators climbing out into the open.

How is this dealt with in a tank? Plane? Other equipment?

Whoa, the most interesting and widely disscussed question in military life :D

I guess "big jobs" or getting pee aren't the first things in crew's mind during the combat and if the need for big businesses surprises and can't be held, crews will the most propably shit in their pants.

In this case it's easy to be in infantry and specially winter is the best time for any jobs because no mosquitos or any bugs disturbing the business. Frost doesn't matter 8)

I believe the M1A2 and/or the Challenger 2 tanks have some sort of restroom capabilities so the crew is survivable in NBC (Nuclear Biological Chemical) attack conditions.

Back