Violent Game・・・Good or Bad?

sandy

The debate around video games and violence rears its head every few months. But are the right questions being asked?
66a.gif
Like most of the electrified world, I am currently hypnotised by Puzzle Quest.

A variation on the classic task of matching three gems, it integrates role playing game elements into a simple puzzle game, producing something that has all the short-order appeal of Tetris, and all the long-term pull of Final Fantasy.
And hypnotised isn't a word I use lightly. The gentle clatter of gems and the steady whirl of primary colours soon become all-consuming.
It's not that it's hard to stop playing, it's that it's pointless. Just because my DS is closed and my eyes are back on my work doesn't mean that I don't see Puzzle Quest every time I blink.
Just because it's time for bed doesn't mean I'm not battling an Ogre Mage on the inside of my eyelids.
It's a phenomenon most gamers are familiar with. If you're spending a lot of time with a game, it becomes your mental screen-saver, popping up when your brain isn't occupied.
It's most obvious with visually simple, repetitive games like Puzzle Quest, but it can happen with anything.
Screen time
And it isn't necessarily just the visuals.
Gamers are full of tales of how putting in a lot of screen time can affect how they see the world around them: heavy Katamari Damacy players tell of how, in the back of their minds, they automatically rank the objects around them small-to-big, as you need to in the game・・・・・・・・・・・・
BBC Violence and Video game

As many people demand,Do Violent game and Violent crime have any relation?
And Violent game shoud forbidden or restricted?
I can remember that for example,Grand Theft Auto is forbidden in germany.
But I didn't hear security of nations allowd GTA became poor.
I ask you,what is the most violent game you have ever played and did it make you more violent?
I think the most violent game ever is Postal2 but it didn't make me violent at all,I have never killed anyone in real,and that's why I judged myself as not violent.

I think a connection between violence in games and in real life is just a scapegoat by the media and others.

They say games make you take an active part in killing things, and that turns you into a killer. But they aren't that different from violent movies or TV shows, and there's no fuss about them. They say the player's interaction with the game makes more of an impression on their minds, but really, all a game is is moving a mouse and clicking some buttons. Not training for murder, in my opinion.

Thing is to an extent those groups do have a point.
Gangster Rap for example, is turning kids into a bunch of gang wannabes who value being stupid, uneducated, uncivilized and disobedient. It's a sad sight seeing an arrogant 14 year old without a hint of intelligence "questioning" things just because he thinks it's the thing to do.
It's unfortunate because I actually used to listen to that stuff and although it didn't really affect me, I've seen how it really does affect A LOT of kids. I don't mean a small minority, I mean a good chunk.
Although computer games are a bunch of clicking, they may have a point when saying the graphical representations can leave a troubling impression on kids. The thing though is, they have to see the context. If it involves protecting and serving, this can actually be a positive influence. But in the context of being a criminal, terrorist or just a f**king punk that goes around blowing regular folks' heads off, then we got a problem.
It's not just the what, it's the how and whys as well.

Back