Violence on Iraqi POWs.

Check it out the comic strip I just posted.
I added the home front part to help make my point....

http://www.4600n200e.com/15572.html

iraq~torture~$26~media.jpg

Here is what Art 3 says regarding our soldiers, contractors, civilians....but of course, because we are sensitive, it only applies to us...What about being sick over what theses animals do to our prisoners or hostages...
Granted, the "humiliation" part is ours....but the rest applies to the enemy!
Anybody offended? I just want people to be mad at everything that goes wrong and not just at the items that best fit their belief or agenda...
Art. 3. In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following
provisions:

(1) Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:
(a) violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;
(b) taking of hostages;
(c) outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;
(d) the passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

ART 4 describes what is a combattant protected by the convention and of course, it fully applies to us and we have to live by it while the enemy ignores it...
I guess because we are above these barbarians and have higher standards, we should forgive them for murdering our guys using all the possible deceptions (executions, mutilations, booby traps, schools, shrines, civilians....). After all, we invented fast food for all and should show the example: if we are nice to them, they will learn from us!
Sure!!!!
Once again, let us be mad at everything that is wrong and not selectively...that is profiling and wrong too!!!

Article 4
A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

(b) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

(c) That of carrying arms openly;
(d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

GUNNER said:
what ever happened to the Geneva convention?? incidents like that make me sick!

Gunner

They were not given POW status, therefore, we do not have to treat them in accordance to the GC. However, because we are the "good guys" we typically treat our prisoners well. Incidents like this bother me, as it shows a breakdown in the chain of command and reflects poorly on my military. But I will be damned if I sat and looked at those photos and felt one ounce of sympathy for those prisoners.

I want you to ask that question next time a coalition member or an innocent civilian is dragged in front of a camera and shot in the head for all the world to see. I also want you to ask that question next time we see burned and mutilated bodies being dragged through the streets.

GUNNER wrote:
what ever happened to the Geneva convention?? incidents like that make me sick!
Gunner

You are so very right! what happened to the convention....when our guys were denied its protection...(take a look at my homepage!)
"incidents like that make me sick" too but the horror and the savagery of the enemy pisses me off.
The over coverage in the media of the abuses made by American soldiers is also sickening and it infuriates me because the same media and the same international or domestic loud hateful voices completely ignored the crimes of the other side. They prevented my rightful anger toward the so called "freedom fighters".
Can we have some balance in what is spoon fed to us by the so called news organizations?

Maybe Al Jazeera bought all the US media!
Talk about a good conspiracy theory to start a new topic: An Arab news group acquired the major US media and Bin Laden invested in junk food joints to kill us slowly!

http://www.4600n200e.com/index2.html

Talking about twisted values....take a look at this site!

http://www.cafeshops.com/thewhitehouse/32519

Why do we bother try to save these morons from themselves?
"Mommy did not abort me and now I cabn die in a war like she did" and "patriot strumpets are breeding tomorrow's Arab killers today"...Where do they get that stuff and how can they get away with that? I would post this kind of hatred on my website, I would be shut down in a heartbeat by the ACLU or other sensitive organization....
I am telling you guys....time to pack and go...Al Jazeera is now the US number one outlet...
How much cr-p can one take in the name of freedom of speech?
What is dissent?

Remember....there is a name for the fat and comfy, the peace-mongers of the bizarro world: victims.
The funny part is that most of them despise the military and the catholic church but wear camouflaged clothe, short cropped hair and present the right cheek when hit on the left!!! Go figure!

ItalianGuy4US said:
Eric so you have a website? What kind of site is that? I would be so much interested.

Hint: click on the "WWW" button at the bottom of his posts.. ;)

Honestly (though I’ve seen no proof that these were real. I've not heard a CO or anybody from the unit say that it actually happened) I don't believe that those photos are real. I was looking at some of them on yahoo news, and they looked fishy. For example, one of the pictures showed one of our soldiers standing over a man laughing and pointing. The 'soldier' looked like he was about 14 years old (small and skinny) and he had long black hair. The kid did not look like he belonged on our side, if he really was an American. I will choose to believe this story if it is confirmed to me by someone with a little bit more authority than the media.

TheSunsetSniper said:
The 'soldier' looked like he was about 14 years old (small and skinny) and he had long black hair.

I believe you are referring to Pfc Lynndie England, a female Soldier.

Sunset, then I guess you better tell the Army to call off their months long investigations. Those photos were confirmed long before the media got their wee grubby hands on them.

I understand your mistrust of the media but President Bush's apology wasn't enough of a confirmation? There was also Gen Kimmitt among others who seem to believe the images were real.

TheSunsetSniper said:
Honestly (though I’ve seen no proof that these were real. I've not heard a CO or anybody from the unit say that it actually happened) I don't believe that those photos are real.

The photos has been confirmed several times on TV the last 48 hours (at least here in Norway), by Bush and high ranking officers..

But I believe that the British photos haven't been confirmed (yet).
I saw Blair on the News just now, and he doubted that they were real....
We'll see....

all this stuff about the iraqis getting tortured is just the liberals latest sceme to knock out donald rumsfeld, I think that rumsfelds a great guy and hes doing a rockin good gob of doin his job,

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: quote by unknown wrestler.

Come on guys....pixs are real and problem is real....
Uncovered by the military and investigated since January!
The same will certainly apply to the Brits!
Sure enough, in this troubled political time for Bush and Blair, trying to delay the publicity over the abuses made sense but now that it is in the open and that we know it has been under investigation, and that the culprits are paying the price, let us move on.
For some reason, boredom or mediatic anesthesia, America is completely out of phase with the war....it feels like it wasn't ours anymore until the abuses showed up and the crowd of lemmings felt betrayed and humiliated because these acts are so not like us....
Sure! just read the newspapers...everyday some outstanding citizens molest children, murder senior citizens, torture women, drive by and shoot....
And now is the self flaggelation stuff with public hearings and vocal outrages from about everybody while the rat throw responsibilities at each other...and the hard core inmate that were abused get lawyers...
I can't wait to see Jesse Jackson (is he related to Michael? :lol: ) volunteer to represent them!
Look at what we are doing, at what happened within A DAY to another video filmed beheaded American (gone form the first pages) and compare it to what the Israelis are currently doing: risking an all out civil war + more casualties just to recover body parts!
Can we learn?

I want you to ask that question next time a coalition member or an innocent civilian is dragged in front of a camera and shot in the head for all the world to see. I also want you to ask that question next time we see burned and mutilated bodies being dragged through the streets.

it's not that i like the enemy or anything but it's the fact that our army was cought on camera and put forth for the world to see that bothers me.

GUNNER

The *&$#@*$*&#*&(!? media should stop running this country with mushy, gushy if-its-not-sensational-dont-over-size-it-throw-it-in-the-shadows, and start doing what they did during WWII, support our troops in the field, not try to bring them home!!! the mainstream media is a pack of anti-war, anti-jew pro-BS, loose minded jargon, and if you dont agree with me id be more than happy to disscuss it with you. :cen: :cen:

about face said:
The *&$#@*$*&#*&(!? media should stop running this country with mushy, gushy if-its-not-sensational-dont-over-size-it-throw-it-in-the-shadows, and start doing what they did during WWII, support our troops in the field, not try to bring them home!!! the mainstream media is a pack of anti-war, anti-jew pro-BS, loose minded jargon, and if you dont agree with me id be more than happy to disscuss it with you. :cen: :cen:

Keep it calm there, about face.

Back