Vietnam Vets?

--

June 7th, 2004  
Devil_Dog17

Topic: Vietnam Vets?

Are there any Vietnam vets in here. I have a real interest in the vietnam war and that time period. Not to mention a lot of respect for anyone who served in that war.
June 8th, 2004  
Koldun

Not me...it was a generation before my time. Many of my positive male role-models while I was growing up had served in Viet Nam, however: my father, my Scoutmaster, my faculty advisor in high school, my Boot Camp drill instructor...
June 8th, 2004  
DTop

I was in country '70 - '71 as an Army Infantry Scout.
--
June 8th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

Not me.. Too Young for that

But my father was in the Marines from 1960-1984 and he retired at E-8(Master Sergeant)

He was wounded 2 times in Vietnam, and he also was awarded the Silver Star, and Bronze Star.

I'm proud of him and all Vietnam vets.. You guys did a great job.. And I'm proud to shake the hand of any Vietnam vet.
June 8th, 2004  
DTop

USMC Johnny, maybe your Dad and I crossed paths at some point? Who knows? I got nicked up a few times myself over there.
June 8th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

You got nicked a few times as well??

Wow, my dad told me everyone got hit over there..

You were in from 1970-1971 correct?? What unit were you in??
June 8th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

My dad was in the 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines

When he went into Vietnam in 1965 he was a Sergeant.
June 8th, 2004  
DTop

Just a little before my tour but I may have been in some of the same areas as he was.
June 9th, 2004  
Devil_Dog17

Were you ever spit on, or called a fascist when you returned?
June 9th, 2004  
DTop

What a question to ask Devil_Dog. Do you think things like that really happened? I wish I could say that they didn't happen. I'd like to say that Americans never treaed fellow Americans like that but I can't. I can honestly say I was never called a fascist. I was, however called many other names including baby killer and yes I was spit upon.