Vietnam Vets being harassed....

C/CPO

The other day I was talking to some cadets at school. They told me that while they were walking to their bus stop some jerks were harassing a Korea/Vietnam Veteran. He was in uniform and when he walked out the door he saluted the flagpole he has up in the front of his lawn. Well to jackasses were harassing him calling him a mother****ing baby killer and a ****ing nazi (why i dont know). They just went off on him. He didnt say anything he just stood their saluting the flag. Well two uh Gung Ho cadets come walking by and see what is going on. Of course these two cadets are a little built and decide to "teach" these civilians a lesson. They proceed to go up to the 2 guys and beat the guys pretty bad and then yell at them. I myself would have probably done the same. However, I dont think what they did was the best idea. I was just wondering what your opinions would be on what they should have done. They took off their shirts off before doing so. They didnt want the men to be able to identify them by their uniform. That and they didnt want to disgrace the uniform so anyways what do you guys have to say.

C/CPO

Two options
option(A)tell them politely to stop doing what they were doing
option(B)ake them stop doing what they were doing :twisted:

I agree with Marksman and then after words give a nice long lecture, that they'll remember even if they think your a lame dork.

You're kidding me, you think that they are going to listen to a lecture?

I know I would keep my mouth shut if I got the crap kicked out of me by a peer in uniform. Sometimes people just need to be taught a lesson.

No but after you kick their butts give a lecture; it doesnt really matter then does it? :D Some punks need a little guidence, u never know it might work.

As satisfying as that may have been, it was the wrong answer. As long as you are representing the Armed Forces in any capacity whatsoever (including a JROTC kid, as to many of your classmates you DO represent the military) that kind of action is unnacceptable. The best thing your friends could have done in that situation in my opinion would have been to join the veteran and silently support him. He most likely does not need a couple junior high kids to defend him or fight his battles for him, but I have no doubt that a gesture of support would have been greatly appreciated.

Agree with you Redneck..

As long as you are in Uniform you represent your countriys Armed Forces, and an act like that may most likely just put more fuel to the fire to those two punks...

A silent support (like saluting the flag) to the veteran could have been a good thing here..
(and then go around the next corner, take of your uniform, and THEN beat the crap out of those two bastards... :twisted: )

Yeah I would have joined the VET in support. And then typed the story on paper and put dozens of it on walls around the place. Or maybe just go straight to a cop and tell him. I believe that is a federal crime.

ItalianGuy4US said:
I believe that is a federal crime.

No, it is actually the opposite, it's a crime to interfer with somebody's (read, the punks') freedom of speech, and actually might be considered a violation of their civil rights (a federal crime) if you assaulted them for expressing their views, however insane and disrespectful they might be. The only thing they might be able to be rolled up for would be a misdemeanor "public nuisance" charge for verbally assaulting someone in a public place, but I doubt even that would stick.

Ain't freedom grand? ;) :lol:

i agree with redneck... but there is one thing that pops to my mind in this case... my father is a marine who served in vietnam. very small little things set him off, and when he gets set off he is very viloent. let alone someone making the baby killer statement woulda set him off really badly. so in turn if this whole scenerio woulda been in my gathers presece. those punks shoulda been glad they only got beat up by some teenage kids. and not a 59 yr old man... by the way he probably would not have stopped at just giving them a royal beating.

Joining the vet in salutiting the flag would have been a himbling gesture to the offenders, but it would not have changed their mindset any. Getting a beating would. I like Redleg's response best, take off your uniforms then wallop them.

I speak knowing what a 14 year old teen would think in the various scenarios.

people like that diserve to get the crap kicked out of them.they wern their so they have no right to juge. i know that stuff like that did happen but they wern their and whoever was their should get the respect thet they diserve.

FutureRANGER said:
Joining the vet in salutiting the flag would have been a himbling gesture to the offenders, but it would not have changed their mindset any. Getting a beating would. I like Redleg's response best, take off your uniforms then wallop them.

I speak knowing what a 14 year old teen would think in the various scenarios.

What you do when you are out of uniform is your own business, as long as you are willing to live with the consequences of your actions. ;)

By the way, although gratifying, beating those little sh*tbirds would almost definitely NOT change their mindsets, it would give credence to any ideas they might have about the military being full of bloodthirsty killers who always resort to violence to solve their problems.

Of course, if they should happen to make the first move (or throw anything, as a lot of these people like to do) you are well within your rights to "restrain" them. Just something to think about. Sometimes you just have toplay the game. ;)

By the way, although gratifying, beating those little sh*tbirds would almost definitely NOT change their mindsets, it would give credence to any ideas they might have about the military being full of bloodthirsty killers who always resort to violence to solve their problems.

I said that being a teenager and knowing how one thinks. It doesn't make sense, but I truly believe a sound beating would do more good than a lecture. They'd most likely respect you secretly after that, though they're never ever admit it. It's humbling to get beaten by a peer.

I'd be willing to bet that those clowns have more respect for the military now than they did before.

It's the way 14 year old males think. Heck, i should be a psyciatrist.:lol:

The best thing to do was join the Vet. Everyone would have wanted to beat those guys to death and I am sure the Vet did too. Although he would not let them have the pleasure of thinkin they got to him. It was the Vets battle and he probably liked the fact that those guys stood up like that but he probably would have had the same feelin if the would have just joined him. We all go through the same emotions when things like that happen it is what we do that determines the kind of man (or woman) we are or will become.

I agree with alot of what you all said. I am mostly of the opinion that my first instinct would be to go kiss some ass. But I think now that I've heard this I may stop and think first and then make my decision to stand with the vet. I hope I dont have to make that decision but if it comes along then I'm ready.

What erks me the most is just stupid people who hate the military. I dont think its the majority that dont like em its jus the few ignorant bastards are the only ones that the liberalistic media will show. The media doesnt show how much better Iraq or Afganhistan are. They show the negative. They show the minority of actions stupid commie Carebears.

C/CPO

Mod edit: Watch the language there.

Back