Vietnam Vets being harassed.... - Page 2

--
Boots

June 3rd, 2004  
GreggK

i agree with redneck... but there is one thing that pops to my mind in this case... my father is a marine who served in vietnam. very small little things set him off, and when he gets set off he is very viloent. let alone someone making the baby killer statement woulda set him off really badly. so in turn if this whole scenerio woulda been in my gathers presece. those punks shoulda been glad they only got beat up by some teenage kids. and not a 59 yr old man... by the way he probably would not have stopped at just giving them a royal beating.
June 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

True,all those violent memories.........only few could stand it
June 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Joining the vet in salutiting the flag would have been a himbling gesture to the offenders, but it would not have changed their mindset any. Getting a beating would. I like Redleg's response best, take off your uniforms then wallop them.

I speak knowing what a 14 year old teen would think in the various scenarios.
--
Boots
June 4th, 2004  
random

people like that diserve to get the crap kicked out of them.they wern their so they have no right to juge. i know that stuff like that did happen but they wern their and whoever was their should get the respect thet they diserve.
June 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
Joining the vet in salutiting the flag would have been a himbling gesture to the offenders, but it would not have changed their mindset any. Getting a beating would. I like Redleg's response best, take off your uniforms then wallop them.

I speak knowing what a 14 year old teen would think in the various scenarios.
What you do when you are out of uniform is your own business, as long as you are willing to live with the consequences of your actions.

By the way, although gratifying, beating those little sh*tbirds would almost definitely NOT change their mindsets, it would give credence to any ideas they might have about the military being full of bloodthirsty killers who always resort to violence to solve their problems.

Of course, if they should happen to make the first move (or throw anything, as a lot of these people like to do) you are well within your rights to "restrain" them. Just something to think about. Sometimes you just have toplay the game.
June 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Quote:
By the way, although gratifying, beating those little sh*tbirds would almost definitely NOT change their mindsets, it would give credence to any ideas they might have about the military being full of bloodthirsty killers who always resort to violence to solve their problems.
I said that being a teenager and knowing how one thinks. It doesn't make sense, but I truly believe a sound beating would do more good than a lecture. They'd most likely respect you secretly after that, though they're never ever admit it. It's humbling to get beaten by a peer.

I'd be willing to bet that those clowns have more respect for the military now than they did before.

It's the way 14 year old males think. Heck, i should be a psyciatrist.
June 4th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
It's the way 14 year old males think.
Really? Golly, i've never been one of them before.
June 4th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Heck, I thought once you get old and pass 20 you forget all about being a kid??
June 4th, 2004  
Sooners1

The best thing to do was join the Vet. Everyone would have wanted to beat those guys to death and I am sure the Vet did too. Although he would not let them have the pleasure of thinkin they got to him. It was the Vets battle and he probably liked the fact that those guys stood up like that but he probably would have had the same feelin if the would have just joined him. We all go through the same emotions when things like that happen it is what we do that determines the kind of man (or woman) we are or will become.
June 4th, 2004  
C/CPO

I agree with alot of what you all said. I am mostly of the opinion that my first instinct would be to go kiss some ass. But I think now that I've heard this I may stop and think first and then make my decision to stand with the vet. I hope I dont have to make that decision but if it comes along then I'm ready.

What erks me the most is just stupid people who hate the military. I dont think its the majority that dont like em its jus the few ignorant bastards are the only ones that the liberalistic media will show. The media doesnt show how much better Iraq or Afganhistan are. They show the negative. They show the minority of actions stupid commie Carebears.

C/CPO

Mod edit: Watch the language there.