Viet Nam War Quiz

Well I guess I will answer although I have been trying to avoid this thread.

Sergeant AJS Don and Bombardier R White of 161 Battery RNZ Artillery

Earlier this year the bodies of two Australian soldiers were recovered from Viet Nam, what were their names and ranks and the operation they died on.

In what operation did a platoon of 13 ROK marines wipe out an entire NVA Regiment killing over 400 Vietnamese soldiers and only suffered 2 Korean casualties?

Which Australian unit won the only 4 VC's for Australian services, and the last to date, in the war and what was the total number of Australian and British decorations won by that unit.

Austrailian Army Training Team Vietnam

114 DECORATIONS not counting US and RVN decorations and citations.

Lance Corporal Richard Parker and Private Peter Gillson were killed during battle in the Dong Nai province east of Saigon in 1965 on Operation Hump.

http://www.defence.gov.au/media/download/2007/jun/20070606/index.htm

Off topic, but Pte Peter Gillson was the father of a mate of mine who I went through RMC Duntroon with. There was a doco being made while we were at RMC about the operation to bring home his dad and L/CPL Parker... not sure if it is out yet... but if it is it should be a great watch. Gilly had some very interesting things to tell us about the hunt for his dad.

Back