Video Game Military Hardware.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
I myself am casual gamer, I sit back in awe at the ones that can beat a game on hard or insane diffuculty. Mainly playing for fun, I realized, there are a lot of shooter and strategy games out there, that sport a historic alter worlds, or a sci fi settings. And Basiclly, each game has some interesting weapons or vehicles in them, I did some digging and found large arrays of vehicles, weapons, and such.

But, I still dont know half of them, so, if you guys here have a favorite, please, share it, I find it interesting, as in more recent video games, they have taken by example some present day ingenueities in equipment and weapons.So, if you want , then post a pic or some info about your favorite pick, and tell us a little about why you chose that one. Its kinda helps give one a idea on what goes through a game developer's head when they are making some of today's bestselling games.

Heres my favorite of all that I have found here lately.

KingRaven.jpg

Its called the King Raven, and it is from the new Xbox 360 game title Gears Of War. The reason I chose this one, is beacause I know a little more about it than all the others I recently discovered in my absence. I looked from game guides, to classic online game sites for Ideas, browsed big titles like Halo, and Star Wars, to odd ball titles, like Judge Dredge, and Turok Evolution (no offense to any fans).And well, I chose the King Raven. I , as a military aviation fan , took a quick liking to it, it is simple, and, since I actually bought and own the game, I know a little bit more about it.
Odd looking next to a Lynx or Black hawk, but, when I first started playing the game, I expected something like a Tie Fighter, or dropship. But no, I was wrong, and instead found out that the designers stuck with the good ole rotor craft we all know as the helicopter.Spoiler Warning!
I chose this also because it has alot backseat driving in the storyline, as actually the life line of the main character (Literely!). On the last mission, a daring veteren pilot rushes his agile Raven to the rescue, and with one swoop, flys under a train truss's support colums, over a fast moving train, and sweeps up the main characters. (Unlikely I know, but, hey, its a video game,just for fun).Almost always over head , and ready for your extraction, or unfortunatly, making it your next objective with a crash site.
Armed with two M 134 look alikes, and foward heavy cannons. This aircraft also packs some heat. (which in the storyline, it will need it!) Thats why I chose this one above all, and can carry up to 12 fully loaded Gears(Soldiers).
__________________________________________________________________________________
More people play video games than I thought, some for a living. Some, are real champions, earning trophies and checks.And, with all the shooters, or ancient warefare games out there, you can see that some of the equipment used in games today, is similar to modern tanks, swords, assualt weapons and so forth! Some are exotict and futuristic. And, I never really thought of all the smiliarities that some of these future or exotic weapons and vehicles share with actual war waging machines and weapons...

(please, try to keep fantasy and magic out of it, it might confuse the topic)

Sukio, I am so dexterity challenged, that I gave up on these things many years ago. The average 5 year old would leave me in a screaming heap. LOL

Hmm, it's really not a single piece of hardware, but the nanotech augmentations from Deus Ex are about as good as it gets. Makes you into a superman. Other than that, I like the MJOLNIR Mark V armor worn by the SPARTAN-IIs in the Halo series.

Yea, the Mark V is pretty good, I like that to, as for the augemetations, I dont know much about that game series, but they sound pretty cool.

If you really want to know about the augs, here is a FAQ concerning their use in Deus Ex. It's really not that useful if you're just reading about them, as the in-game descriptions are quite well written and contain a good amount of science. In the game, they actually explain how all the augs work. Deus Ex contains perhaps more text than any other first person shooter, and they do an excellent job of sucking you into the game's universe. You should give it a try some day, it's certainly one of the best single-player titles on the face of the Earth.

http://www.deusexgaming.com/deusex/help/augguide/

Interesting stuff, and, not to be joking around or nothing, but, if you look at it, it is kinda like some modern day "war gear" (Warhammer 40,000 Term)

Kinda like , putting new parts for special purposes on vehicles and weapons now, to meet new demands. If you look at it, its easy to see the connection between combat games and modern and historic combat.

Command and Conquer Generals has some pretty sick hardware...

ION Cannons

Tanks that fire nukes....yeah

Back