Video of British soldiers beating Iraqi rioters

phoenix80 said:
That is not the purpose of occupation of Iraq.

They are there to teach them how to join the democratic world and by beating them nothing will be learned though

That's all good squishy rhetoric and all, but I betcha they learned a lesson. Just like others have. :D Learned a lesson and had their lives spared, hooyah for the Brits!

You have to remember, things aren't all that civil over there yet. Some of those kids are getting into serious stuff just because they're bored, and a lot of times they get killed for it. These aren't always bad kids either, just kids being stupid.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard the audio that goes with the Video? It's pretty sick. It sounds exactly as if the person filming it is getting sexual gratification by the beating. Once you see the Video and the Audio its becomes very hard to defend this thing. I would say its even more disturbing than the Abu Garab photos.

To mods: I know I might have bent the rules with the 'sexual gratification' remark, but that really was the most accurate description that came into my mind when I first heard watched this. It was a like watching "A clockwork orange" for the first time, I think I have seen anything quiet so disturbing. I hope you will take that it consideration if you decide to take action against me for the infraction.

mmarsh said:
Has anyone heard the audio that goes with the Video? It's pretty sick. It sounds exactly as if the person filming it is getting sexual gratification by the beating. Once you see the Video and the Audio its becomes very hard to defend this thing. I would say its even more disturbing than the Abu Garab photos.

To mods: I know I might have bent the rules with the 'sexual gratification' remark, but that really was the most accurate description that came into my mind when I first heard watched this. It was a like watching "A clockwork orange" for the first time, I think I have seen anything quiet so disturbing. I hope you will take that it consideration if you decide to take action against me for the infraction.

The audio is on the clip posted here. You're right about the "sexual gratification" thing, towards the end he was getting a little too carried away. From what I understand, he is the one that sold the video to the papers, I could be wrong, however. I think I remember someone saying that.

Having seen and heard the video, I still see no huge problem with what the soldiers did. The audio really has nothing to do with the action, it's one guy watching and getting his jollies with a video camera, not participating.

Those are the same street thugs that rock people to death and drag burnt bodies through the streets or rip dead peoples arms off. After having rocks pelted at me I would have probably acted the same. They should be lucky they are just getting beat up. If it was them we'd be getting our eyes gouged out and various other inhumane tortues.

Why is that, LIBERTY? You think it is right to beat the Iraqis? Please, would you likes to tell us what are your opition to beat the Iraqis up if you don't mind. :)

LIBERTY said:
Sooooooo......? They're beating up Iraqis. Who cares?

Even though I don't find many problems with the video given the circumstances, beating up Iraqis in general, for no reason, is a huge no go. Careful not to vilify people just because they're different, we aren't fighting all Iraqis. A lot of them are people just like us who only want a little peace and happiness in their lives.

May be it would have been better if the British troops had shot them, then there would not be all this fuss. and those lads would not be sitting in front of a TV camera complaining about their treatment

LeEnfield said:
May be it would have been better if the British troops had shot them, then there would not be all this fuss. and those lads would not be sitting in front of a TV camera complaining about their treatment

They probably will from here on out. Instead of taking the road less traveled, risking their lives to creatively save a few lives, they're probably going to follow their SOP and ROEs to the letter.

Way to go media! :bravo:

I can really careless about the Iraqis......only thing I care about is my country, and those troops over there.

The problem with that, LIBERTY, is that countries are not isles of causality. If you only care about your compatriots, 6 billion other people wouldn't mind seeing you die.

Back