Video of British rifle;SA80

I have fired dozens of magazines through the SA-80-2 with out any problems whats so ever, and if had a choice of guns to take to war I would only be to happy to use it. It is compact, very accurate and has a really good optical sight on it. Now there were problems when this gun first came into operation just like M 16, but faults have been correct a few years back and it is as I said a fine weapon. I can talk first hand on this as I am lucky enough to get to handle it and many others with my old Regiment.

098d1df8.jpg

LeEnfeild - I concur, I hate when people go on about the L85-A2 being a poor weapon, having only used blanks under condition, and ball in a range, i dont know how it handles ball under conditions, but from how i've used it, it's been a pleasure to use, I've never once had a jam or a misfire with it. Infact I've only ever had one misfire and that was with an Enfeild No.8. the L85-A2 is a fine peice of kit in my opinion.

[edit - after watching the vid, the one jamming up was the older L85-A1, not the currently in service A2]

Last edited:
Fox it is the SA80-Mk2, I also played with the L86 LSW which has a bi pod and a longer and heavier barrel which can be changed. The extra length and weight in the barrel makes it quite a good for sniping as it is very accurate.

Well, from the video, the SA80 that jammed was used by a Swedish. I think he was inexperince! But from wad I see, the overall was great! Low recoil and the sound was not as loud as the M-16!
l85a2.jpg

Back