Vice-Governor's son caught on pics in Nazi SS uniform

Prapor

Not long after the scandal with 'Kuban' footballers (see my thread on that here), Krasnodar Krai is in the news yet again, and again not in a good light.

http://www.gzt.ru/topnews/society/-...del-formu-ss-/352642.html?from=indexshortnews

The son of vice-Governor Evgeni Gromyko, Vadim, was photographed at a friend's birthday party in a SS uniform
z_1e93440c.jpg
z_844e7aeb.jpg

5004c448b085.jpg

(with Elena, top, and Tatiana, elder and younger daughters of head of Vyselkovsky region of Krasnodar Krai, Sergei Firstkov. Vadim and Tatiana are due to be engaged this month).

Vadim explains that he was dressed up for a joke on the friend whose birthday party they were attending. He says himself, along the the Firstkov daughters, and a few other people, were going to play a 'surprise', a sort of little act, on their friend. He was to play the part of Maksim Isaev, aka Shtirlitz, the most famous fictional Soviet or Russian spy, from the movie 17 Moments of Spring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventeen_Moments_of_Spring)
508-xpznb.jpg
840792.jpg

Soviet James Bond, he was known as.

Vadim Gromyko says: 'My Grandfathers fought in the War too. My paternal Grandfather took Berlin. For anyone to call me a Nazi is a disgusting insult!'

icon_rolleyes.gif

That's 'Golden Youth' for you. Children of rich and powerful elites, in Moscow or the provinces, doing whatever the hell they want...

Truthfully I think people need to get over it.
Seriously name one "fancy dress" costume that isn't offensive somewhere.

I wore a grim reaper outfit to the last party I went to but I assure you I am not the grim reaper nor do I plan to go around collecting souls.

Yes the Nazi's were a bad chapter from the past but then Ivan the Terrible made monks costumes something to be afraid of and I am sure priests costumes would scare the crap out of alter boys people just need to get over trying to connect every action to a past action because they are not the same.

Truthfully I think people need to get over it.
Seriously name one "fancy dress" costume that isn't offensive somewhere.

I wore a grim reaper outfit to the last party I went to but I assure you I am not the grim reaper nor do I plan to go around collecting souls.

Yes the Nazi's were a bad chapter from the past but then Ivan the Terrible made monks costumes something to be afraid of and I am sure priests costumes would scare the crap out of alter boys people just need to get over trying to connect every action to a past action because they are not the same.

I can agree with that. The problem is, if he was just some guy; but he is the son of a powerful local official. People who are supposed to be an example to others.

And, while we don't know he is a skinhead, nor do I believe he is, some blogs place him not too long ago at a concert in Sochi of rock band 'Kolovrat'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolovrat_(band)
00werh85.jpg
known supporters of the Russian far-right, who sing about Slavic pride, and Orthodox Christian nationalism.
koncert_1.jpg

It does not say on the Wiki page, but Denis Gerasimov, the leader of the band
Denis-Gerasimov.jpg
was once a member of Shultz-88
piket1.jpg
picture.jpg

Neo-Nazi gang that was active in Saint Petersburg from April of 2001 to March of 2003 (when its leader, Dmitry "Shultz" Bobrov, as well as 30 other members were arrested).

Bobrov
shulc.jpg

That gang had murdered dozens of people, they attacked immigrants, foreign students, Muslims, Jews, and antifascist activists. Considered one of, if not THE most ruthless nationalist group in modern Russia. One member, Taras Muzalev, a good childhood friend of Mr. Gerasimov, had carried out a bombing attack on a antiFA rally/concert (he threw a bag on the stage that had the home-made bomb in it. 4 people were killed, around 30 injured).
2e98d4eb8f0627981881694843a3d72e_full.jpg

Gerasimov was one of several Shultz-88 members who got out of prison in June of 2004, after main expert in their trial, Nikolai Girenko, who was to testify against them, was murdered in the stairwell of his apartment building. Another fun fact, Bobrov founded his gang on April 20th, 2001: Hitler's birthday.

Bobrov is free today too, he got out in 2008. Can be seen yelling fiery nationalistic speeches at yearly 'Russian Marches' (a sort of our version of your American Tea Party)
s640x480

He still has many followers and admirers...

So, no, we don't know if he is, in fact, a Nazi. But, Vadim Gromyko has been seen at the Kolovrat concert, and afterward sharing a drink with Gerasimov. And Gerasimov has kept his ties with Bobrov. Judging by some of the company the boy seems to keep... It is maybe more serious than you guys think.

Welcome to New Russia...

Yeah but you are convicting a guy by connecting two non-related points.

Yes he wore an SS uniform but that doesn't make him a Nazi, it might have 70 years ago but these days it most likely means he is going to a fancy dress party and oddly enough they are not the same thing unless of course the party was in Nuremberg.

As I recall one of the English monarchy wore an SS uniform once and that blew up into an event of epic proportions for the overly sensitive as well, my suggestion is judge him by his actions rather than his dress sense.

Back