Vettel to clinch F1 Title

bigcanada813

Canuckus Maximus
This weekend is the Japanese Grand Prix, and as long as Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel finishes in the top ten, he will clinch his second world title in a row. The youngest F1 world champion is on the verge of becoming the sports youngest back-to-back champion. The only way Vettel cannot win the championship is if he fails to finish in the top ten for the last five races and if McLaren's Jensen Button wins all of the last five races (although wishful thinking on my part, probably won't happen). It looks like F1 may have found the next Micheal Schumacher.

Ahh young Vettel.
That man was incredibly lucky to win last time, as I recall in the last few laps his tyres were about to give out, then somebody slid out on a bend and stopped the race, allowing him to get fresh ones put on.

As much of an amazing driver he is, and I love RedBull, that was nothing but good luck for him.

So, I don't know how this will end up playing out, but after the first practice of the weekend Button had the fastest overall lap time, and Vettel put his RB7 in the wall. Just a simple mistake, or is the pressure getting to the young German driver?

It's official, even with Jenson Button winning the Japanese Grand Prix, by finishing third Sebastian Vettel is now the youngest back-to-back world champion in Formula One history.

I just remeber Singapore that one bit where (Was it Lewis Hamilton?) caught some body work up in Massa's back left tire sending carbon fiber splinters everywhere!

Now this upcoming race at Suzuka will be very intersting.

Especially Since Road and Track Magazine speculated in thier "Trackside" section earlier this year that Alonso now 3rd overall had a major chance at the Championship.

But it appears Vettel and Red Bull Have other plans, and it's no surprise to see McLaren in second at least for constructor scoring either.

Last edited:
Vettel Won the Championship, Jenson Button Got 1st in the race, Alonso 2nd and Vettel a third, all three got podiums for Suzuka.

Also strangley after a bad start in the preseason McLaren is bringing in the Constructor trophy as well.

But there are still 4 more races.

Sorry for double posting by the way.

No kidding but I have had no doubt in the intense rivalry between Scuderia and McLaren both in the constructor category, that is pretty much history repeating itself.

But man that MP4 26 was at it's finest today.

Back