Veteran's Day

Springfield

This probably should have been posted in the "This Day in Military" topic, but I thought that this was so important to just post it here. Well, as you all know, at least the Americans, :p that today (November 11) is Veteran's Day. We look back upon the brave men and woman who fought for this country bravely and did there job well. They sacraficed at least something in their lives, and some sacraficed their whole life, for us and this country. We thank you and salute you, Veterans of America.....

:salute2:

I dedicate this day to Spc. Francisco G. Martinez and 2nd Lt. Brian D. Smith who both died in combat in Iraq on 3/20/05 and 7/2/04 respectively.

Well, it's the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month here and they gave us a cake at work. I appreciated it but not as much as I do the rest of you vets here on the forum and everywhere else lucky enough to know you. I wish they had a medal that could convey the amount of respect and pride I have in all of you, young and old alike. Since there isn't one, here's a God bless and keep you safe on whatever field of battle you are struggling on. :salute2:

In Britain we have only a half dozen vets left from the 5 million plus men that joined up. Well we all know that one day soon that last of them will fade away, what some of us are now doing is pressing for a full state funeral for the last man. It would be a fitting tribute to all those that had gone before.

This thank you is dedicated to,

Carlton Hennings Sr.
Doyle Rush
Bob Hennings
Robert Hennings

God bless all those who serve. :salute2:

The first two happen to be my grandpas.
The rest my uncle and cousin.

Don't forget today also marks the end of WWI

Tab101.jpg

Just small part of a parade on the 11/11

Back