Veterans Appeal 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Suit

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Boston Globe
November 15, 2006

Twelve gay and lesbian veterans have appealed a federal judge's decision to throw out a lawsuit in which they challenged the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The Servicemembers Legal Defense Network filed the appeal Monday in the US Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, in Boston, arguing that the policy denies gays' constitutional rights to privacy, free speech, and equal protection. "Don't ask, don't tell" prohibits the military from asking about the sexual orientation of service members but requires discharge of those who acknowledge being gay or engaging in homosexual activity. In April, US District Judge George A. O'Toole threw out the lawsuit, ruling that Congress has the authority to establish the country's military policy. (AP)

How exactly does it effect there privacy????

It looks liek they just want attention.....

i doubt its attention...then again it might be. i heard the gay rights movement in the usa is allmost fanatical...

Listen guys the biggest issue with this crap policy is security. It gives an enemy an extremely powerful tool to wield against a soldier to make them compromise OPSEC and PERSEC. I personally don't give a damn one way or the other... but the Pentagon needs to do something very clear. Either ban them entirely or allow it openly. The way it stands it is extremely dangerous to our national security.

Back