vet?

coach9598

I served from 73 to 80 and proud of most of my service. my grand father was in wwI and wwII, my father was a wounded soldier in WWII, my brothers were both off the shore of viet nam in the navy. my sons are serving in the navy and marines in Iraq,and afganistan,and fought pirates in Indonesa. they are vets all saw combat. I on the other hand passed the bullets and beans never seeing combat. I dont feel like a vet and have a hard time calling myself one. the last 6 years have been the worst to the point of antideprrsents . any one else out there feel this way or am i just a big wimp

G'Day Coach9598,

Welcome aboard,... and remember, if you served and did what was asked of you when it was needed, you are as good as the next man.

Welcome aboard. Just because you didn't get shot at doesn't make you any less of a veteran.

Welcome aboard Coach!

Oh, and you got it wrong, the ones who end up wounded or dead is the heroes, or the unfortunate, the Vet's are those who served, and kept the show on the road despite all the dead and wounded.

In a more rethoric manner: How many men does it take to keep jetfighter in the air and operational?
A lot more than just a highly decorated pilot.
And without those 100+ men the fighter with it's pilot would, literally speaking, be a sitting duck...

So praise the Lord and pass the bullets, you served, and stayed alive to tell about it!

Back