VE day, 60 Years since Nazi Germany was defeated!

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
60 long years world have been rebuilded. Still I think that there is much people in Eastern Europe who feels that there is nothing to celebrate, with exception of fall of Hitler and his forces. For most, Stalin's Soviet Union was no better option that Hitler's Germany. In western Europe it can, or even better must be considered as defeat of monster.

Well, I want to give credit to all people who fought for their homeland. May Second World War never happen again, I hope. Still, there is much to be done to throw away dictators like Hitler and Stalin.

I also have to give credit for homefront. Without their support at least my homeland would have fallen.

Our generations are so lucky that they did not have to live under the spectre of war, invasion and occupation. We really do owe a tremendous debt to those who fought for our freedom. The Second World War truly was one of the most momentous times in human history.

Hehe. The treaty was signed yesterday 60 years ago...easy to remember for me, happens to be my birthday. It's also the day the Lusitania was sunk in WWI.

V-E day, 8 days after Hitlers suicide. One of the most important things to happen (V-E day that is) in the 20th century.

Back