VE day, 60 Years since Nazi Germany was defeated!

--

May 8th, 2005  
Redleg

Topic: VE day, 60 Years since Nazi Germany was defeated!

World War II ended in Europe on 8 May 1945.
The unconditional surrender of Germany was signed at Reims on May 7 and ratified at Berlin on May 8.

This has been celebrated in many countries today.

A big thanks to everyone who fought for our freedom 60 years ago!

More info from google here:
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ne...tory+in+europe
And here
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...pe&btnG=Search
May 8th, 2005  
Farseer

60 long years world have been rebuilded. Still I think that there is much people in Eastern Europe who feels that there is nothing to celebrate, with exception of fall of Hitler and his forces. For most, Stalin's Soviet Union was no better option that Hitler's Germany. In western Europe it can, or even better must be considered as defeat of monster.

Well, I want to give credit to all people who fought for their homeland. May Second World War never happen again, I hope. Still, there is much to be done to throw away dictators like Hitler and Stalin.

I also have to give credit for homefront. Without their support at least my homeland would have fallen.
May 8th, 2005  
Doppleganger

Our generations are so lucky that they did not have to live under the spectre of war, invasion and occupation. We really do owe a tremendous debt to those who fought for our freedom. The Second World War truly was one of the most momentous times in human history.
--
May 9th, 2005  
c/Commander

Hehe. The treaty was signed yesterday 60 years ago...easy to remember for me, happens to be my birthday. It's also the day the Lusitania was sunk in WWI.
May 9th, 2005  
Desert_Eagle

V-E day, 8 days after Hitlers suicide. One of the most important things to happen (V-E day that is) in the 20th century.
July 30th, 2005  
LeEnfield

Boy can I remember all that singing and dancing that went on.
August 13th, 2005  
ill be damed if i know

the day which sound never be forgotten and should be as a reminder for us all
August 13th, 2005  
LeEnfield

I'll be damed.....sorry you have lost me on that post....just what are you on about.