The Vasque Country - Page 2




 
--
Boots
 
March 21st, 2005  
Corocotta
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Interesting double standard you have there. Okay for you to "extinguish" Basques but the US is wrong to seek to eliminate terrorists?
Okey, I meant in jail, and i did not say vasques, I was talking about ETA, do not put words in my mouth that i didnīt say. And I am not talking about all tha vasques obviously, I am just talking about the ones that put a carbomb in a mall or the ones that put you a 9mm parabellum in the head. I have many vasque friends and not all of them support the criminals, it is just a minority.
By the way, for my it is fine that US seek and put in jail terrorist, I do not agree with torture.
I was talking about extinguing a terrorist organization, not an ethnical minoritie.....
March 21st, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
How exactly am I putting "words into your mouth" by quoting what you, yourself posted for all to see?
March 21st, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
So it's perfectly acceptable to go after terrorists and the people who aid and support them, if they threaten your country huh Staurofilakes? Interesting concept. Where have I heard that before.
--
Boots
March 21st, 2005  
Corocotta
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
So it's perfectly acceptable to go after terrorists and the people who aid and support them, if they threaten your country huh Staurofilakes? Interesting concept. Where have I heard that before.
Ooopsss, i never said that !! I said that I do not agree with torture and certain methods that US is using In guantanamo, i also do not agree with certain cases of torture that hapened in Spain. The diference betewen you and me is that i acept that it hapened, and this way we can try a way to solve it and do no repeat it again.

Quote:
I think that may be in a couple of years they will be completely extinguished.
you should read the each post in their context, this post was relationeted with the previous one and I was talking about ETA. Your only argument in this topic is perverting my words. I tought that you will have something better, I guess I was wrong[/quote]
March 21st, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
Extinguish seems pretty self explanitory too me.
March 21st, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
To put out (a fire, for example); quench.
To put an end to (hopes, for example); See Synonyms at abolish.
To obscure; eclipse.
Law.
To settle or discharge (a debt).
To nullify: extinguished their title to the property.
Psychology. To bring about the extinction of (a conditioned response).


debating the finer points of english with someone who is obviously not a native speaker of it is a bit rough don't you think?
March 21st, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
Quote:
debating the finer points of english with someone who is obviously not a native speaker of it is a bit rough don't you think?
So then we can assume that nothing he says means what he meant to say by inference from the above? Sorry, I'm with 03. "Extinguish" was pretty clear cut from his post.
March 21st, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
well put it this way....i didn't see anything wrong with his use of "extinguish" in this circumstance.
March 21st, 2005  
Charge 7
 
 
I didn't think there was anything wrong with it either other than it being obviously duplicitous. (i.e. "it's okay for us but not for you")
March 21st, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
Actually science a year ago ETA has killed no body, probably because they did not have the ocasion, they are almost dead. Right now they are negociating with the state,confidentialy but they are. the elections are close(april) and their political party needs votes.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
It is something....I think that may be in a couple of years they will be completely extinguished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Interesting double standard you have there. Okay for you to "extinguish" Basques but the US is wrong to seek to eliminate terrorists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by staurofilakes
Okey, I meant in jail, and i did not say vasques, I was talking about ETA, do not put words in my mouth that i didnīt say.


seems pretty clear to me that he was talking about ETA, rather than building gas chambers for all the basques