Values.

Integrity, Service before Self, or Excellence in all we do.

• Total voters
i think integrity is the most important because it comes before action and if integrity is the case, excelence in all you "do" will follow.

Missileer said:
What StarS said. With true integrity, the rest will be a natural.

i think its the other way around. if you are exellent in all you do, you must have a great deal of integrity. however, just because you have integrity, you wont be exellent in all you do.

its kind of like that analogy where are squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. catch my drift?

behemoth79 said:
Missileer said:

i think its the other way around. if you are exellent in all you do, you must have a great deal of integrity. however, just because you have integrity, you wont be exellent in all you do.

its kind of like that analogy where are squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares. catch my drift?

What if you are the most excellent thief in the world and that is all that you do. Where's the integrity there?

behemoth79 said:
Missileer said:

how about, when you have integrity you will atleast not be excelent in doing the wrong thing...

Ah but service before self also implies integrity. I would rather have the fellow out there doing something for others and not thinking so much about the integrity of his actions but just utilizing his integrity in doing so rather than the fellow who sees himself as having integrity but does nothing. I think that those two choices are really the same thing. How can you have integrity without putting others' needs ahead of your own? And how can you put service before self without integrity?

i chose excellence in all we do, because if you give it your all in everything you do including integrity, you cant go wrong, but integrity is up there with my choice, they are all very important

Padre said:
I'll go for integrity because it ought to lead to the other two if you really have it

Just like Padre said. I would pick integrity because the other two would fall under that, so if you had good integrity, you are probably good in the other ones.

I picked service before self, because if you live by that precept, you cannot possibly be without integrity.

Excellence in all that you do is not physically possible for most people.

Back