Valkyrie

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
This movie sucked. For the better part of two hours, there was only about 15 minutes of actually good movie. I think I actually fell asleep during the first hour.

Anyone else see it? thoughts?

I haven't seen it, and I'm very nervous about doing so. I don't want to waste my money. I am not a Tom Cruise fan and if he isn't going to do the part justice by even talking in a German accent, then I don't know if I can be any part of that.

German media says this movie is only good for americans ;)
And it's also full of crap, i.e. the scene where he asks a german general in africa if he serves germany or the Führer- he would have been shot for that...
or the meeting between adolf and Stauffenberg.
Nevertheless i think i'll watch it some time...

Just saw it last night, and I actually enjoyed it. The first bit was slightly dry, but I found it to be a decent lead up to the actual assassination attempt and takeover.

I've noticed that about a lot of movies lately. All the good bits are in the previews. The rest of the movie just ends up being filler.

Really wasn't a great movie. There was no character development, and they totally destroyed the real reason why these guys were doing what they did. Half of them really couldn't care about what Hitler did to the Jews. They were more worried about the Russians getting to them first before the Americans did. There's a better version of the film called "The Plot to Kill Hitler" starring, I think Brad Davis. The Tom Cruise version is just a more expensive remake.

One Tom Cruise movie most of us did like at some point:

topgun.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AT4Yb-tgg

Not a single one of those planes are in active duty today.
Man it makes me feel old!

Last edited:
Hey now...it's only 23. Seeing as I was born the same year, I don't like to think of myself as 'going on 30'. Hahaha

This movie is so pointless. Even if this Staffenberg was successful the allies would have only accepted unconditional surrender and the result likely would have been exactly the same as at this point, Italy had been annexed, USSR was in Romania, and France was invaded. The war was over.

Back