Validility of Martial arts for CQB

I think it's a combination of everything really. i'm trained in ju jitsu and judo and i think it would be very helpful in situations. they teach you to clear your mind and focus on only one thing. beating your opponent. when you're in a fight, you're focus should be just that. and when it's a life or death situation, you will use everything in your arsenal to beat the opponent. if you're training in different techniques of fighting, that just adds that much more to your aresenal. personally, in the fights i've been in, i don't think. i just do. when trained, it's honed into your mind and body just to react, just to feel. when it's hand to hand combat, life or death you're not going to be sitting there thinking "hmm what am i going to do next?" you'll just have time to act and react. no thinking involved really. sure, there are exceptions. but i think in a fight, it's a combination of everything you have really. mindset, training, technique. everything. when your life is on the line you will throw everything you got at them, and why not be trained in martial arts? it sure as hell can't hurt anything?

I think it's a combination of everything really. i'm trained in ju jitsu and judo and i think it would be very helpful in situations. they teach you to clear your mind and focus on only one thing. beating your opponent. when you're in a fight, you're focus should be just that. and when it's a life or death situation, you will use everything in your arsenal to beat the opponent. if you're training in different techniques of fighting, that just adds that much more to your aresenal. personally, in the fights i've been in, i don't think. i just do. when trained, it's honed into your mind and body just to react, just to feel. when it's hand to hand combat, life or death you're not going to be sitting there thinking "hmm what am i going to do next?" you'll just have time to act and react. no thinking involved really. sure, there are exceptions. but i think in a fight, it's a combination of everything you have really. mindset, training, technique. everything. when your life is on the line you will throw everything you got at them, and why not be trained in martial arts? it sure as hell can't hurt anything?

Back