Valentines Day Quotes

Charge 7

Master Gunner
These aren't military or movie quotes so I thought I'd put them here as just something to observe the day.

Nicer To Be - "Love is much nicer to be in than an automobile accident, a tight girdle, a higher tax bracket, or a holding pattern over Philadelphia."

- Judith Viorst

Love Has Its Bumps - "Love is like the measles; we all have to go through it."

- Jerome K. Jerome

True Love - "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

- I Corinthians 13:4-8

These are from a contest that a newspaper ran.....It had to be a very romantic beginning, and equally UN-romantic finish. I thought these were hilarious!

I thought that I could love no other
Until, that is, I met your brother.

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty and so is your head.

Of loving beauty you float with grace.
If only you could hide your face.

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot;
This describes everything you are not.

I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face.

I love your smile, your face, and your eyes -
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you screwed up my life.

I see your face when I am dreaming.
That's why I always wake up screaming.

My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way.

My feelings for you no words can tell,
Except for maybe "go to hell."

What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime.

"Boys are like a box of chocolates, once your done with one you reach for another one" :D
"Valentines Day can kiss my @$$" (Me when asked what I thought about today)

"valentines day sucks ass"
me :D
(somehow i have always been inbetween relationships on Valentines, and not cuz we break up 2 days before or anything like that.... :roll: )

What is with Valentines day!? I never have one, and no one I know ever has one. It's like this day drives relationships away more then bad breath...

rotc boy said:
"valentines day sucks ass"
me :D
(somehow i have always been inbetween relationships on Valentines, and not cuz we break up 2 days before or anything like that.... :roll: )

Nothing quite like having all of society rubbing it inyour face eh?

Courtenay said:
My love, you take my breath away.
What have you stepped in to smell this way.

That one is king of the hill... :D

I was actually really considering something along those lines (in a joke of course), but then I remembered my darling wouldn't be very graceful with quality time allocations if I pulled something like that.

What a wise choice I made...turned out last night when we were telling each other what we wanted to do and she almost went ballistic...and I was like "No, baby don't beat me up, pretty please I love you" :D

wow, lets see how long it takes for courtenay's rhymes to get mod'd lol
they are funny as hell tho, i haven't heard them before (copies and pastes before they disappear)

i cant see the point in having one day where ur supposed to show the person that you love that you love them by buying them something. its commercial and i detest it, i would hate to be in a relationship with someone who expects gifts on valentines day or 6months or other bs anniversaries (other than yearly ones, oh course) i would like to think that they knew i cared for them and did not need ot spend money to prove it

edit: got the name right, sorry court!!

@ Locke

I can relate to that...BUT, that feeling goes away when she opens up that present (whatever it might be), cuddles next to you and starts kissing you all over...mmmm :D

"wow, lets see how long it takes for anyas rhymes to get mod'd lol
they are funny as h**l tho, i haven't heard them before (copies and pastes before they disappear) "

Courtney gets the credit for those - not Anya.

NO

Charge_7 said:
"wow, lets see how long it takes for anyas rhymes to get mod'd lol
they are funny as h**l tho, i haven't heard them before (copies and pastes before they disappear) "

Courtney gets the credit for those - not Anya.

Actually we used to say those phrases when at school, they have been heard god knows how many times. So not suprising if they are on the web anyway.

Anya was not pasting as I have heard her say those so many times, ok she got detention at school alot for it, but hey its who she is!

There is no need to take potshots at each other, especially over something as trivial as credit for a joke.

Back