Valenine's Day plans?

Duty Honor Country

What are your plans...that is if you got any?

For me, my girl likes Jarkko Ruutu of the Ottawa Senators, that's hockey for all you non hockey folk. The Senators are playing the Nashville Predators on 16 FEB so I scored some tickets. I went on one of those websites where you can buy good tickets from season ticket holders are not going to a paticular game and picked up a pair 7 rows back from the senators' player's bench. As for the 14th, I got a dozen roses with lilly's, a cookie cake and tonight we are doing chinese food.

The American Legion Riders are holding their 7th Annual Auction on Valentines day. We will be assisting with that. All proceeds will go to the Legacy Scholarship Fund (for the children of fallen soldiers)

Last edited:
We had originally planned to go to the Army and Navy Club in Washington, DC (I'm still a member, despite PCS'ing from the area a year and a half ago) for their black-tie Valentine's Day dinner (even had the mess dress all set), but had to cancel as I was deployed to Buffalo for the plane crash incident instead...

At least I had the foresight to have flowers delivered to her office and I mailed a card to her office as well...

I haven't heard the total raised yet... I'll post it once it is announced. We have an ALR (American Legion Riders) meeting this Thursday, so I should find out then (I hope). :p

We raised $2,500.00 for the Legacy Scholarship fund!!!! :bravo:

I think that's more than double what they did last year.

Back