Vacuum Bomb

Prapor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2FGA3Z-oYM&feature=player_embedded"]Russian Vacuum Bomb Test[/ame]

As you know, in 2007 Russia tested the world's most powerful vacuum bomb, more powerful than American MOAB (first tested in 2003).

According to: http://operkor.wordpress.com/2011/03/24/новое-оружие-россии-вакуумная-бомба-р/

that this weapon has now been officially delivered to Russia's military.

A vacuum bomb, as I understand it, works like a nuclear bomb, but leaves no radiation behind.

Who here think this is the future, that, eventually, these will completely replace nuclear weapons?

Personally I don't think anything will ever substitue the fear brought upon people in the way nuclear weapons does.

You just take a look at the footage from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a test of any other kind of bomb can't even nearly match that anyway.

Nope, just search for the "Tsar Bomba". Wikipedia provides pretty good information. The Tsar Bomba literally make the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs look like fireworks....

Nope, just search for the "Tsar Bomba". Wikipedia provides pretty good information. The Tsar Bomba literally make the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs look like fireworks....

Sure, the "Tsar Bomba" was bigger and more powerfull, but just like the "Vacum Bomb" and other big/powerfull new devices it has not been used in a war.

The pictures and description of the utter misery and devastation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki is forever burned into the minds of human beings as symbols of ultimate human made destructive devices.

Hence, nuclear bombs will be the # 1. fear also in the years to come.

Even in the Soviet Union, the word "Hiroshima" was used to describe the utter nuclear cathastrophy scenario, even though the letter "H" doesn't exist in the Russian Cyrillian alphabet...

That's what keeping the peace: nuclear weapons. The nightmare will never be forgotten, and nobody, not even Kim-Jong-Il or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wants it

I agree with 84RFK
The atomic bomb has become a symbol of destruction and not "just" a weapon. If people say that they do not fear it, then they must be lying.

Personally I don't think anything will ever substitue the fear brought upon people in the way nuclear weapons does.

You just take a look at the footage from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a test of any other kind of bomb can't even nearly match that anyway.

I agree with 84RFK
The atomic bomb has become a symbol of destruction and not "just" a weapon. If people say that they do not fear it, then they must be lying.

This is because it´s very visual. The average citizen probably knows very little about chemical weapons or biological with in my eyes is more frightening than a nuclear bomb.

Yes, a nuclear bomb can kill 10,000 people at once but I don´t die 10,000 times more because it's a nuke. And it is "just a bomb,” it´s the shock wave, as in all other bombs you are exploiting.

Moreover, I don´t believe that the risk of a nuclear war is particularly high. And should it happen – that´s it. I don´t fear nuclear bombs - and that´s not a lie.

I agree with 84RFK
I actually met one, atomic bombs are pussies just maintain eye contact. Now hydrogen bombs! They're used to humans and might be agressive.

Personally, if faced with biological or nuclear (or hydrogen) weapons, then I prefer the nuclear (and hydrogen) weapons. If I was nuked, then it would be over in a second (unless I only was injured, then the pain would be awful :(). Yet biological weapons spread terrible fear, and if caught, it won't be over, it would be several days of agonizing hell before it's over...

Back