V for Vendetta

WNxRogue

Well, im not sure where this movie would fall, it is both military and political, but it was absolutly awesome, best movie i have see in a while.

Plot (dont read if you want it spoiled)

It is around 30 years in the future. The british government has been seized by a sort of nazi/theocratical party, that used fear of terrorism and a super virus to gain control. They set loose a virus that killed many people, then blamed it on muslim extremeists. The US has fallen apart (as in a 2nd civil war) and the britain hass gone crazy with censorship, arrests, imprisonments, and secret killings. V, a victim of the development of said virus, tries to set loose a rebellion. In the end the rebelion suceeds

Reason its so good-

Great action scenes of course, but there are so many paralells with diffrent things with the world today, it definatly carried a politcal message, thats one reason its so good. You almost need to see it twice to get all of it. Example- extremists gain control through a "terrorist attack", which is like the US government. A note on the side, the guns they used ruled; i saw: G36s, M16A4, an unidentified pistol (probably not real) and MP5s.

I recommend this movie to everyone. Please go out and see it, i can say beyond a doubt you will not be disapointed.

Last edited:
It was a good movie. Best line I've heard in a movie in a good long time.

"People not should not fear their government, their government should fear their people."

It speaks the truth, and it does show you how a facist or communist regime and appear even in a place like Great Britian (or the USA).

I also liked the fact that one of the bad guys carried a S&W Model 686 in .357 Magnum. Nice choice for a wheel gun.

:pray: Read the original (graphic novel) and tell me it is not the best graphic you have ever or could ever read.
I've been waiting over ten years for this to be made into a film I just hope theyve done it justice.

My pastor said that it was the worst movie hes ever seen...They r glorifying terrorism and making fun of christianity...I do want to see it tho.

The problem is the diffrence between terrorism and freedom fighting that can be oh so thin of a line. He commits terrorist acts against an oppressive, totalitarian government. Does that make him a terrorist?

As for christianity, the only way they mention it is that the government uses religion to keep the people in line.

I say go out and see it, everyone seems to take a diffrent thing from this movie.

A good film but don't make the mistake of trying to compare it to the graphic novel the story originated from.
The film was a fairly good action movie whereas the graphic is an absolute masterpiece.If you ever decide to read a graphic novel then THIS is the one

WNxRogue said:
The problem is the diffrence between terrorism and freedom fighting that can be oh so thin of a line. He commits terrorist acts against an oppressive, totalitarian government. Does that make him a terrorist?

As for christianity, the only way they mention it is that the government uses religion to keep the people in line.

I say go out and see it, everyone seems to take a diffrent thing from this movie.

Save for teh antisemitism, the same could kinda be said for Malcolm X.

WNxRogue said:

WEll, not necessarily... Dont forget the part where Portman dresses up as a little girl...And the bishop...Anyway, I agree.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
WEll, not necessarily... Dont forget the part where Portman dresses up as a little girl...And the bishop...Anyway, I agree.

Yea, its not like they're disrespecting Christianity though...just potraying Right-wing Chrisitanity as a political tool and a perverted, power-hungry not-so-holy priest.

This kind of movie sort of wakes you up..lets you know how possibly you would be enslaved by government...and how to fight it.

Even with the purest motive and thoughts, this man who rose to power gets twisted...i was glad to see him get it right between the eyes.

and of course, its cool.

This kind of movie sort of wakes you up..lets you know how possibly you would be enslaved by government...and how to fight it.

Even with the purest motive and thoughts, this man who rose to power gets twisted...i was glad to see him get it right between the eyes.

and of course, its cool.

Its funny but I kind of got a different opinion from the movie...
Basically it left me with the impression that no matter how much a corrupt government may try and dominate the will of the people always win out and I think the comment "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." pretty much summed up this view.

On the whole I liked the movie.

Back