V-22 Debate Continues Despite Deployment Decision - Page 2

--

May 5th, 2007  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
On an open forum, readable by all and sundry around the globe you want someone to delineate the weaknesses and shortcomings of an aircraft about to be used in a hostile environment?

Let's take a moment to reflect on the implications for those who will be riding inside one over the sandbox in the very near future... why not throw up a schematic with little red circle thingys showing where to aim? Might save some time and bandwidth.
It is almost certainly available on globalsecurity.org or fas.org by now anyways.
May 5th, 2007  
PJ24

Globalsecurity.org is a pretty good site, it's also good for a lot of misinformation. Bulldogg is right, sensitive information isn't going to be put out for public release. There's a lot of things that go on our birds that don't get released for Globalsecurity and other civilian run sites to ramble over.

As for what's wrong with the (C)V-22, are you asking what's wrong in relation to not being a valid platform for CSAR or what's wrong with the platform in general?

I'm not a pilot or a FE, I've been on them and there are guys from my community, pilots and FEs, that are transfering over to the -22 airframe. It's split down the middle on their feelings about it. Half depise it, half think it might be okay. Very few guys are 100% confident in it.

The biggest issue, and they're tackling that as much as they can, is the lack of guns. The ramp is getting one, but there isn't much we can do for the sides.