As Usual

The U.S. is the only Country that has 11 carrier groups and there are more planes on EACH one of the carriers then most Countries have in their entire Air Force .

Where the U.S. goes so goes the World you best get interested in what happens here .

There's merit in what Tet says. the USA is still the #1 military power and still flips the greater part of the bill for many of these foreign endeavors. which people seem to fail to appreciate.
We have unemployment some improvement but still the worse since the depression. We have slipped severely under Obama's administration who has reduced our military to a pre WW2 size and has > than quadruped the national deficit since being in office. He has ensured that our grandchildren will be saddled with dept. for his failed social programs and overall bungling of national affairs.

What kind of Country would allow one person to go around and kill 94 of its citizens in one afternoon a few years back ? this is not a Country I'd want to depend on
In the developed world, 87 percent of children younger than 14 killed by firearms live in the United States. More American children and teenagers died from gunfire in 2010—a single year—than U.S. troops in Afghanistan since 2001. Is this the future you want for your children?

Great Britain is no longer a player and Germany on the continent is the only power to be reckoned with so much for NATO .
Can you at all mention all the European member of NATO?
What do you know about Turkey or Poland's military strength?

In this Great Country most people have the means and or the ability to defend them self 300 million people 100 million privately owned guns Sandy Hook the movie theater in CO don't make a fair comparison to how many bad guys bit the dust shot by private citizens .
I think it's sad that you feel that you are forced to arm yourself to feel safe.

I would think much would have to do with mindset in America and the Gun in Scandinavia only the bad guys have the guns while the Citizens in Scandinavia are less likely to get shot but if they do they have no recourse to fight back with .
You will be amazed by how few weapons related crimes that are being committed in Scandinavia.

A Dane who trusts the Germans! Interesting.
Because you are not aware of the historical and cultural ties that bind us together

Merkel is not only ugly she's ruthless , Dane's beware .
She is an accomplished and popular politician with balls enough to handle the problems that Europe is facing
Germany is a free and great country in almost every sense of these words. And no longer need to be afraid to start acting as such. We have nothing to fear.

There's merit in what Tet says. the USA is still the #1 military power and still flips the greater part of the bill for many of these foreign endeavors. which people seem to fail to appreciate.
We have unemployment some improvement but still the worse since the depression. We have slipped severely under Obama's administration who has reduced our military to a pre WW2 size and has > than quadruped the national deficit since being in office. He has ensured that our grandchildren will be saddled with dept. for his failed social programs and overall bungling of national affairs.
What do you think, for example, the adventure in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost the British and Danish taxpayer.
Maybe people seem not to appreciate these foreign endeavors because they felt they have been unnecessary.

I personally don't give a toss about the US in the news. There are far more important things happening around me where I live, not some faceless monolith over 3000 miles away. ;)

You´re Swedish - You tell us. :D

I will call Bletchley Park; we need to get to the bottom of this mystery, it might be a code. This may take months or even years to break this code or whatever it is. If this doesn't work, I have a plan B; the NSA...

What do you think, for example, the adventure in Iraq and Afghanistan have cost the British and Danish taxpayer.
Maybe people seem not to appreciate these foreign endeavors because they felt they have been unnecessary.

I know very little about the Danish or other small country contributors. However Britain has tended to stick by the US and also share many of the same economic issues as does the US. Personally if I were to see a proven leader of the European community I would vote for Britain not Germany.
Britain has the world of experience in dealing with world affairs. Germany doesn't. It's not that I think modern day Germany has any expansionist goals and it does have a good armed service (with mandatory service BTW). it's just that Britain has a better resume.

This is history but do you actually think WW2 would have been won without lend lease to Britain and the USSR and 5 million US troops. Do you think the Iron curtain would have fallen without the US, or that Soviet expansionism would have been stopped.

Last edited:
Britain of course won WWI and WWII with just a little help from a friend but what are friends for but to help .

Britain of course won WWI and WWII with just a little help from a friend but what are friends for but to help .

That is a ridicules statement. Britain and the common wealth, the US and the USSR combined to defeat Nazi Germany. They also had the help of partisan and guerilla forces from most of occupied Europe. Don't forget Britain stood alone for ~ a year.

JOC it was Satire , the U.S won both those Wars without any help From anyone , England if you remember declared War on Germany when they were in NO position to do so which they quickly found out , when you declare war on someone you should have a reasonable Idea that you can defeat your enemy .

JOC it was Satire , the U.S won both those Wars without any help From anyone , England if you remember declared War on Germany when they were in NO position to do so which they quickly found out , when you declare war on someone you should have a reasonable Idea that you can defeat your enemy .

Sorry thought it was a poke at England

Back