USS Liberty - Israel's "War of Self Defense" - Page 6

--

June 10th, 2009  
EladBell

from those photos these jets seems like MIGS,now im not an air man,so i cant recognize them but i think that Israel had Mirages then,and these photos have MIGs on them.
maybe im mistaking.
June 10th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by EladBell
from those photos these jets seems like MIGS,now im not an air man,so i cant recognize them but i think that Israel had Mirages then,and these photos have MIGs on them.
maybe im mistaking.
Men better qualified than yourself could not see Migs. Anyway, what would the Israeli Airforce be doing with Migs, you forget, Israeli pilots did admit that they attacked the Liberty, so I don't think that they are Migs.

Nice try....
June 10th, 2009  
viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I don't need to make childish statements to back me up, the simple documented truth is enough.

That just proves how little you know of things that were going on during the Cold War. Just ask a few of the old "Cold war warriors" on this forum and see if they disagree with me.

Kennedy called the Russians bluff knowing full well that there were dozens of things happening on an almost daily basis, that although they were never publicised were potentially as delicate as the Cuban crisis. Many, or more likely almost all of them had the potential to trigger Russian retaliation if things went awry.

So, I think we can leave the possibility of Russian involvement right out of this debate.
i don't think we should leave this possibility, unless you became forum mod or something
one thing is loosing ground to USA in some covert ops and other local conflicts which the news over the world never show. it's totally another thing to get humiliated when one of your leading allies in the middle east is being attacked by your worst enemy, hint:think about the warshaw pact that russia had to preserve and how her "volunteered" allies would look on their pact if russia won't retaliate.

and i never denied liberty was attacked by israeli air force, i just think " to drag USA into the war " is the funniest reason i ever heared (reminds me of the holocaust in gaza strip )
--
June 10th, 2009  
MontyB

But we are still left with the question of why.

Incidentally people keep attributing this attack solely to the air force but lets remember they were also attacked by naval vessels as well.
June 10th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewer
and i never denied liberty was attacked by israeli air force, i just think " to drag USA into the war " is the funniest reason i ever heared (reminds me of the holocaust in gaza strip )
Well, I think it's time you started laughing.

There's an old Irish saying about accepting the obvious.

If one man says you look like a horse, punch him in the nose.
If a second man says it, call him an ass, and start to wonder.
But when you're told for the third time, it's time to buy yourself a bale of hay.

About Gaza, it's a funny thing that 9/10 of the western world can see the similarities, all it lacks is scale, and some German attention to fine detail.
June 10th, 2009  
EladBell

here in israel we just say"if 3 men say u drunk,go to bed"
June 10th, 2009  
viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Well, I think it's time you started laughing.

There's an old Irish saying about accepting the obvious.

If one man says you look like a horse, punch him in the nose.
If a second man says it, call him an ass, and start to wonder.
But when you're told for the third time, it's time to buy yourself a bale of hay.

About Gaza, it's a funny thing that 9/10 of the western world can see the similarities, all it lacks is scale, and some German attention to fine detail.

oh, i forgot you always tell the obvious and you always right....
3 men told me that? you got Dissociative identity disorder? :<
i like your generalisations of the western world.
oh and back to topic, you didn't reply to the beginning of my post (after the 1st smiley, just in case you'll start switching themes again)
June 10th, 2009  
EladBell

he dose have a point
June 10th, 2009  
SHERMAN

OK. I said when this started up again it wont go anywhere good. Please do try an contain your selves. Im not going to edit all these massages but lets keep it civil from now on...Or I will just have to lock this.

And no, its not because the thread is about Israel. Its because you guys cant discuss things with out getting into places we dont need here.

And, back on toppic:

The images of the planes, at least some of them(Not the best quality or angle) could be of Israeli Super Meyster B2, a very common plane in the IAF at the time, and to the novice spotter, similar to the Mig-15 or Mig-17.
June 10th, 2009  
EladBell

never said i was an expert