USS Liberty - Israel's "War of Self Defense" - Page 17

--

November 28th, 2009  
greg2k

I really appreciate that you looked at my website.So now you know a little bit more what I am all about,and my reservations regarding USS Liberty incident. We both are not children and serious prople.The question still stand:Were is the original signed report to the Naval Court of inquiry? Without this report Congress cannot reopen the case of USS Liberty.That's how US Judiciary System works.
December 10th, 2009  
Britney

This is crazy..why do you hate Israel so much? It was a accident, accidents happen especially in times of war and desperation. The loss of life was a tragedy- but come on i think your over-reacting big time.
December 10th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney
This is crazy..why do you hate Israel so much? It was a accident, accidents happen especially in times of war and desperation. The loss of life was a tragedy- but come on i think your over-reacting big time.
What is crazy, is people who form their opinions without at least reading the accounts of the US Naval personnel who were there, before they go making wild assumptions.
--
December 11th, 2009  
EladBell

but u and your friends will twist any kind of information so Israel would be guilty,and if u could u would hang us for causing WW 1.
December 11th, 2009  
senojekips

Ahhh,...but of course,... I twist the information just to give me a reason to show Israel in a bad light, just as I invent crimes so I can make criminals look bad. We must neglect the eyewitness accounts of those who were attacked, and believe that the Israeli air force was employing blind pilots on that day.

You never stopped to think that instead, maybe we dislike Israel's policies because of the things they have done?
December 11th, 2009  
Britney

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
What is crazy, is people who form their opinions without at least reading the accounts of the US Naval personnel who were there, before they go making wild assumptions.

Like the Tolkien gulf? Lots of former crewmen from the Madox say nothing happened, and many say they came under fire.

Israel is a long term friend of ours, i find it very difficult to believe they would deliberately attack our ship with the knowledge it's ours.

I happen to love the Israelis, as most Americans do. It was a accident, they apologized, we forgave - so lets move on. Friendly or neutral ships getting hit in times of war is nothing new, just look at Japan in China- they hit more netual ships/cars than anyone else i can think of- though they did declare war on those countries a few years later..Lol
December 11th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney
Like the Tolkien gulf? Lots of former crewmen from the Madox say nothing happened, and many say they came under fire.
If this is an example of your knowledge, I would not embarrass myself further. You obviously know nothing of the affair, you do not even know the name of the locality, Tolkien was an author who wrote children's stories, the place where the attack happened was called The Gulf of Tonkin.

it is known that some politicians lied about aspects of the attack, but I know of no US crewman that denies that it happened.

Quote:
Israel is a long term friend of ours, i find it very difficult to believe they would deliberately attack our ship with the knowledge it's ours.
They are friends of convenience who use the Jewish American vote to gain favoured status and support, but as for them being "friends" with the US just look at the way they have ignored your suggestions when it comes to a peace plan in the Middle East. They say they are trying to stop settlers (thieves) from occupying Palestinian land yet the Israeli approach is half hearted and long in coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC News
Ignoring the wishes of the United States, Israel Tuesday greenlighted the construction of 900 new homes in Gilo on the outskirts of Jerusalem. The United States considers the area occupied land and, as such, considers it a settlement. Source: http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=9113578
That is how much regard Israel has for the US, they are only your "friends" when it suits them.

Quote:
I happen to love the Israelis, as most Americans do. It was a accident, they apologized, we forgave - so lets move on. Friendly or neutral ships getting hit in times of war is nothing new, just look at Japan in China- they hit more netual ships/cars than anyone else i can think of- though they did declare war on those countries a few years later..Lol
There is no similarity, Japan had been at war (First Sino-Japanese war) with China since 1931 when they occupied Manchuria, and mounted a full scale attack in 1937, they were officially at war there is absolutely no comparison. If Osama apologised for 9/11, would you just ,... move on?

You obviously have more respect for Israel than you do for the US Naval personnel who were actually involved,... because they know it was not an accident, and so does your intelligence community who heard the messages between the Israeli attackers and their head quarters, acknowledging that the pilots knew it was a US Naval vessel. Like I said, you obviously have not read any of the US accounts of the attack.
December 11th, 2009  
Panzercracker

A question, did Israel pay any sort of damages to the families of murdered sailors?
December 11th, 2009  
senojekips

They paid US$6million, of the $40million asked for by the US, The damage to the vessel was estimated to be about $7million, so what they paid did not even cover the cost of the material damage done. As a result, the ship was scrapped.

Quote:
It was obvious that the only reason Israel agreed to pay anything was due to Sen. Stevenson's interest in the case. Israel did pay the $6 million in three annual payments of $2 million. The payments meant nothing, as Congress simply increased the amount of aid given to Israel by $2 million each of those three years. The American taxpayers were actually billed for the damages inflicted upon their own sailors!

While motives are unclear, the fact that the Johnson and subsequent administrations covered up the attack is very clear. For his actions during the attack, USS Liberty's Capt. William McGonagle was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor at a Washington Navy Yard ceremony. On the very same day that Capt. McGonagle received the medal, President Johnson held a White House ceremony honoring other CMH awardees. McGonagle's citation does not mention that his ship came under attack from Israeli forces. source: http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/55397
I do not know if the crew actually got any of this money.
December 11th, 2009  
Panzercracker

My goverment should get lessons of PR from Israeli Jews, they intentionally nuke an allied ship, kill people and then slap said allied state in the face by paying what amounts to scraps and still you get a guy like Britney coming here with a huge boner for Israel, then again for what he knows its Tolkien bay and the ship was named USS Frodo

Still its incredible how stupid Americans became, if it was any normal country it would milk Israel for money, apologies and explanations.