USS Liberty - Israel's "War of Self Defense" - Page 15

--

November 27th, 2009  
senojekips

Well,.... there you are,.. if what you say is true, that proves that the Israelis were lying when they said they were unaware of any US vessels in the area,... and knowing that, they are not only duty bound to properly identify the vessel they are about to attack, they also know that it is most likely a US vessel.

I think that you'd better stop now, and think about what you are going to say, before you dig yourself any deeper into trouble. Whatever you say whichever way you twist it, it proves that the Israelis were lying,... and just why were they lying,.....

Quote:
Israeli Pilot Speaks Up http://www.washington-report.org/bac...93/9306019.htm

Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested. Later, a dual-citizen Israeli major told survivors that he was in an Israeli war room where he heard that pilot's radio report. The attacking pilots and everyone in the Israeli war room knew that they were attacking an American ship, the major said. He recanted the statement only after he received threatening phone calls from Israel. The pilot's protests also were heard by radio monitors in the U.S. Embassy in Lebanon. Then-U.S. Ambassador to Lebanon Dwight Porter has confirmed this. Porter told his story to syndicated columnists Rowland Evans and Robert Novak and offered to submit to further questioning by authorities. Unfortunately, no one in the U.S. government has any interest in hearing these first-person accounts of Israeli treachery.
http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm
November 27th, 2009  
greg2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Well,.... there you are,.. if what you say is true, that proves that the Israelis were lying when they said they were unaware of any US vessels in the area,... and knowing that, they are not only duty bound to properly identify the vessel they are about to attack, they also know that it is most likely a US vessel.

I think that you'd better stop now, and think about what you are going to say, before you dig yourself any deeper into trouble. Whatever you say whichever way you twist it, it proves that the Israelis were lying,... and just why were they lying,.....
Israeli Pilot Speaks Up http://www.washington-report.org/bac...93/9306019.htm

Fifteen years after the attack, an Israeli pilot approached Liberty survivors and then held extensive interviews with former Congressman Paul N. (Pete) McCloskey about his role. According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested.
http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm
If you paid attention there is no name of the israeli pilot here.So what was his name again? I will give you a million dollars for the name.
November 27th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2k
If you paid attention there is no name of the israeli pilot here.So what was his name again? I will give you a million dollars for the name.
I'll bet you would, Mossad would love to get hold of him. I never said I knew his name.
Obviously Senator McCloskey and those involved do not want you to know either, but that does not show that the information is not true. Witnesses are often protected in this way.

You should read the reports that were not hushed up.
Quote:
At dawn 8 June, Israeli aircraft began reconnoitering the ship, some flying so close that the pilots could clearly be seen, and as low as masthead height, obviously photographing it. This extensive observation lasted seven hours and involved eight separate observations, at about 0600, 0900, 1000, 1030, 1100, and 1130, 1200 and 1215 p.m. U.S. intercept stations twice overheard Israeli pilots reporting that the ship was American. The visibility conditions were perfect; the ship's American flag was flying free and clear in a good breeze.
At 1400 a well coordinated attack by jet aircraft and torpedo boats began. Jets hammered the virtually unarmed ship with cannon and rockets, and napalmed it. Its forward machine guns were wiped out in the first firing pass, and whatever transmitting antennas survived that pass were disabled by the second. Nine minutes into the attack, crewmen jury rigged a transmitter to an antenna. But the radiomen discovered that four out of five of the ship's radio frequencies, including the international distress frequency, were being jammed. Ironically, the only time Liberty could transmit was while the jets were firing their missiles. A frantic cry for help was sent to the Sixth Fleet, only 400 miles away and off Crete; despite the Israeli jamming, the Liberty's plea for assistance was received. The patchwork transmitting arrangement ceased functioning soon afterward.
Source: http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm

But, you don't have to believe me, Try this from Haaretz.
Quote:
And then one of them said, 'Can you see the flag?' They said 'Yes, it's U.S, it's U.S.' They said it several times, so there wasn't any doubt in anybody's mind that they knew it."
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/909552.html
--
November 27th, 2009  
greg2k

Quote:
I'll bet you would, Mossad would love to get hold of him. I never said I knew his name.
Obviously Senator McCloskey and those involved do not want you to know either, but that does not show that the information is not true. Witnesses are often protected in this way.

You should read the reports that were not hushed up. Source: http://www.rense.com/general39/pilot.htm

But, you don't have to believe me, Try this from Haaretz. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/909552.html
Actually Mossad is not interested in finding his name,because his name is well known in Israel.See the post #93
November 27th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Actually Mossad is not interested in finding his name,because his name is well known in Israel.See the post #93
I'm not interested in his name, just what he said. Is this another very poor attempt at telling lies?

Quote:
Israeli Brig. Gen. (res.) Yiftah Spector (since retired), who participated in the Liberty attack, agreed to discuss it publicly for the first time. Spector was the first pilot to get to the ship; he identified it as a military vessel that was not Israeli but could not make a specific identification. "My assumption was that it was likely to open fire at me and nevertheless I slowed down and I looked and there was positively no flag. Just to make sure I photographed it," Spector told The Jerusalem Post (Oct. 10, 2003).
and what the pilot that I quoted said, was totally different, so I'd say you are talking about a totally different person.
Quote:
According to this senior Israeli lead pilot, he recognized the Liberty as American immediately, so informed his headquarters, and was told to ignore the American flag and continue his attack. He refused to do so and returned to base, where he was arrested.
So,... I think that perhaps it is time for you to start paying attention.
November 27th, 2009  
EladBell

hey lets talk about the Genocide in Africa for once:P
i thought we went through this havent we?
November 27th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by EladBell
hey lets talk about the Genocide in Africa for once:P
i thought we went through this havent we?
One thing at a time,.... some people never learn, that once you bury a very smelly body the first time, you should leave it lie, and never go near it again, to go back and try to cover it up again just makes the cops suspicious.
November 27th, 2009  
George

Quote:

And since when did the USS Liberty become Egyptian? Or shrink to one third of its size.
You missed the point of my comment. The quote was "An Egyptian vessel has every Right to be in Int waters." I was saying in Int waters it'd be a ligit target, not ligit if in Neutral waters. the original comment seemed to imply that an Egyptian ship should be safe in Int. waters & it wouldn't be, as an enemy vessel. Kinda like the nonsence about the Belgrano.
November 27th, 2009  
greg2k

Quote:
I think that perhaps it is time for you to start paying attention.
Let's think logicly for a minute.USS Liberty survivors are those who were not satisfied with US Naval Court results and want Congress reinvestigate this case,right?They have Mr Paul McCloskey,who talked to unknown israeli pilot,who recognized the ship as american and refused to attack it,right?Let's see here,according to Wikipedia Paul Norton "Pete" McCloskey Jr. (born September 29, 1927) is a former Republican politician from the U.S. state of California who served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1967 to 1983. Looks like he is still alive.If unknown israeli pilot was talking to McCloskey 15 years after the attack it will gives us the year of their conversation as 1982.We can see,that in 1982 Mc Closkey was still in Congress. Now,if survivors wanted Congressional investigation, McCloskey would provide a perfect situation to present the case of USS Liberty to the Congress.Why he didn't introduce the israeli pilot to the Congress,why he did not ask to investigate the case in Congress and etc?......That's a Mystery.What McCloskey was doing all these years after conversatioin with pilot in 1982?........That's a Mystery too. What I would suggest to survivors if i could..... to tell McCloskey to disclose the name of a pilot to the Congress as soon as possible,because he is not young already (82-83 years old) and one day can die,like all of us, and would take the name of the unknown pilot with him to the cemetery.
November 27th, 2009  
senojekips

Quote:
Let's think logicly for a minute.USS Liberty survivors are those who were not satisfied with US Naval Court results and want Congress reinvestigate this case,right?
Yes correct, because they were involved in the incident and could see that there was a coverup going on.
Quote:
They have Mr Paul McCloskey,who talked to unknown israeli pilot,who recognized the ship as american and refused to attack it,right?Let's see here,according to Wikipedia waPaul Norton "Pete" McCloskey Jr. (born September 29, 1927) is a former Republican politician from the U.S. state of California who served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1967 to 1983. Looks like he is still alive.If unknown israeli pilot was talking to McCloskey 15 years after the attack it will give us the year of their conversation as 1982.We can see,that in 1982 Mc Closkey was still in Congress. Now the is,if survivors wanter Congressional investigation, McCloskey would provide a perfect situation to present the case of USS Liberty to the Congress.Why he didn't introduce the israeli pilot to the Congress,why he did not ask to investigate the case in Congress and etc?......Mystery.What McCloskey is doing all these years after
Who said that he did not want to do these things? But knowing the extent to which the navy and their poloitical masters had gone to to suppress the evidence previously, he realised that it would be of little use. (See the Bold paragraph below)

It is known that there was high level support for the Liberty crew's story, yet so many questions were not asked and evidence was suppressed in the investigation
Admiral Kidd, USN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Kidd
They also point out that the claim the ship was mistaken for an old Egyptian freighter is absurd. As an intelligence ship it was loaded with antennas and carried a large satellite dish on an elevated structure near the stern. It was four times as large as an old Egyptian freighter, and its identification numbers were painted on the bow in white letters 10 feet high.
If the numbers couldn't be seen by the Israeli pilots, they could not have been missed by the torpedo boats that fired on the lifeboats deployed by the Liberty
http://www.rense.com/general47/kidd.htm

Adlai Stevenson:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlai Stevenson[SIZE=2
][/SIZE]Almost immediately, the government of Israel contacted the White House and offered to settle the outstanding $40-million damage claims for $6-million -- an amount equal to one dollar for each Jewish victim of the Holocaust. Vice President Walter Mondale quickly agreed to that offer just before Christmas while Congress and President Carter were on vacation. The Department of State followed immediately with a press release, reported on the front page of the New York Times, which announced, "The book is now closed on the USS Liberty." Indeed, from that point on, it was impossible to generate any congressional interest in the Liberty at all. Senator Stevenson's staff told me later that they felt the settlement was directly related to Senator Stevenson's announced plan to hold an inquiry, and was engineered to block forever any inquiry plans.
Source: http://www.ussliberty.org/adlai.htm

This is obviously a political cover up.

Quote:
What I would suggest to survivors if i can..... to tell McCloskey to disclose the name of a pilot to the Congress as soon as possible,because he is not young already (82-83 years old) and one day can die,like all of us, and take the name of the unknown pilot with him to the cemetery.
I think that the last person the survivors would be taking advice from is an Israeli, Do the Jewish people ask advice on how to investigate the Holocaust from supporters of German War Criminals? And what exactly do you think this would achieve? The facts are already available for all to read, and anyone but those who want to hide the true story can easily see the truth.

At the investigation ther were 14 crew witnesses called, do you realise how hard it is to get 14 different people all to tell the same story. In Police investigations it is known that it is almost impossible for only two people to tell the same story unless they are telling the truth.

It has been very clearly shown both in this thread and elsewhere, that the Israelis were lying about almost every detail of the attack.