US's best allies.

View Poll Results :Which country is USA's best ally nowadays?
United Kingdom 22 66.67%
Israel 6 18.18%
Italy 1 3.03%
Poland 0 0%
Australia 1 3.03%
Canada 2 6.06%
Turkey 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
North Korea ( lol...) 1 3.03%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Topic: US's best allies.

First I wanted to put this as a reply in the " i'll show you how an Italian dies " , asking how do americans view Italy ( faithful or wishywashy ally ). but I changed my mind and came out with this new topic:
What countries in the world are to be regarded to as America's best allies.
UK and Israel for granted... how bout Australia? Italy?

We always list our worst foes, how bout listing a bunch of allies ?
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I said it is UK. To what extent do you believe cultural ( religious, linguistical... ) proximity or affinity helps make a country worth trusting?
May 5th, 2004  
Darkmb101

Does this count as one of those, "who's the best" coversations Redleg banned?
--
Boots
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I just wasn't aware of that. But I don't think it's being banned.
May 5th, 2004  
RnderSafe

I think this has the potential to be a good discussion as long as everyone behaves (IE. doesn't resort to flaming). It would be a good idea to state reasons behind your choices.
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Ok then: I stated UK because I believe on the long run best allies are those countries whose different political parties ( at least those who have chances to come to power ) share the US same strategic interests, at least. A country where alliances are not changed depending on who wins elections. Countries where the people see americans as very similar folks 8) .
May 5th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianGuy4US
I said it is UK. To what extent do you believe cultural ( religious, linguistical... ) proximity or affinity helps make a country worth trusting?
I actually think the above question would make a very good topic unto itself.

In answer to the poll, though, I would say the UK, due to the longstanding alliance and, arguably, dependence of our two nations. I cannot think of any true conflict between us since the Civil War, when they tried to help my Rebel ancestors defeat my Yankee ancestors .
I'll add more later, I just took the APFT and I done run all my brain cells out .
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Is UK the ONLY ONE real important ally the US has, in all the world ? ain't that sad?
May 5th, 2004  
Redneck

No, of course not, but you asked who we thought our most influential ally was, didn't you?
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well yep. And it seems like the UK is. Nothing else of the kind uh?