US's best allies. - Page 4

View Poll Results :Which country is USA's best ally nowadays?
United Kingdom 22 66.67%
Israel 6 18.18%
Italy 1 3.03%
Poland 0 0%
Australia 1 3.03%
Canada 2 6.06%
Turkey 0 0%
Japan 0 0%
North Korea ( lol...) 1 3.03%
Others 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 22nd, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Nick I don't agree with you when you say that the British don't support their own troops, we do. Granted there was an anti-war feeling before the war, but pretty much every anti-war protestor supported our troops and hoped that their lives were safe. The marches, which ocurred against the war were mainly aimed at Blair and the government, it is the fact that there has been a great controversy over here after Blair allegedly edited a dossier containing vital intelligence on Iraq. It is not America the people do not like, it is Blair misleading them and the common view of Blair doing everything George Bush does. I personally feel ashamed about what the protestors did but I'm glad your President took it in good humour. Making a speech at Buckingham Palace he said 'I hear the last American who visited England was placed in a box hanging above the Thames, I'm sure there are those who would like to see that happen to me as well.' This was just after the David Blaine stunt.
I'm a Bush supporter and so are many other Brits, I was in London on the day of Bush's visit and saw many people with pro-American banners, those people just don't make a good news story though.
Please don't feel that there is a huge anti-American feeling here because it doesn't exist, the protestors were acting against Tony Blair not the American people. The feeling of goodwill towards Americans has been strengthened especially after the D-Day commemorations where we all remembered the sacrifice Americans made for Europe.
June 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

What a British display of perfect fair play and savoir faire, man.

What about a cup of tea at 5 o'clock ?
June 22nd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy

--
Boots
June 23rd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy

England Expects sounded so polite. I like English sense of politeness, dude. You know, not everyone's as rude and tough and countryish as rednecks are .
June 23rd, 2004  
Redneck

I ain't rude you daggone hairy backed ape.

June 24th, 2004  
Sgt. Nick Fury

Being a redneck just means you have worked for a living. I would wager most country boys have said Yes and No, Sir and Mam.....more theny any other group.....don't be a redneck hater.....=P
June 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Oh gosh hey dudes I really am NOT one of those pseudo- intellectuals, with snobish attitude and gentle manners. I don't like the sophisticated well educated guys who are pleased to show how innocently clean their hands are. I'm serious here = Up with hard workers, up with RNs all over the world ( most of my family can actually be called RNs, or a similar Italian version of that, my uncle being an illiterate fisherman and my parents having shown and taught me how common sense 99 % of the times makes up so well for so called education or culture.
And I definitely have clear ideas about it.
June 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Hooah, the South's gonna rise again, only this time it's international.
June 25th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Not iif I get the North a riled up again, to come on down and put the whup on you southern mens....wait a minute, Mississippi is my adopted home...Yeah lets whup them yankees of the world! You and me ...
June 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Because we put the ARRRRR! in Army! (and Arrr Force )