US's best allies.

Which country is USA's best ally nowadays?

• Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poland

• Australia

• Canada

• Turkey

• Japan

• North Korea ( lol...)

• Others

• Total voters
Speaking as a Brit myself, I can honestly say that most people in Britain think of Americans as their friends. France and Germany may be our European allies but we share little else with them. Americans and Brits alike share an almost common understanding dating back decades. America is seen as a replacement for the European Union, most British voters now want us to withdraw from the EU and instead trade and cooperate more with Americans. I hope the 'special relationship' between Britain and America may endure for many years.

England Expects (RAF Cdt) said:
Speaking as a Brit myself, I can honestly say that most people in Britain think of Americans as their friends. France and Germany may be our European allies but we share little else with them. Americans and Brits alike share an almost common understanding dating back decades. America is seen as a replacement for the European Union, most British voters now want us to withdraw from the EU and instead trade and cooperate more with Americans. I hope the 'special relationship' between Britain and America may endure for many years.

This reflects European standard image of the British. And, believe it or not, many more Europeans than you might think are coming to think it the way the British do. My girlfriend welcomed the Euroskeptic party who reached a great result in England. She, and others with her, say: " England has only to lose from joining the EU, and it should not. So shouldnt we all. Surprised ?

Italien Guy, it's interestin to hear what other Europeans think towards Britain. UKIP (United Kingdom Independance Party), which you were referring to came second overall in the European Parliament elections. It got a higher percentage of the vote then Tony Blair's Party who came third. UKIP believe in pulling out of the European Union and the Conservative party wh came first believe in not signing the EU constitution, a document which would in effect form a Europe similar in appearence to the USA. All Member states would share a common defence policy, which will give more power to Brussels from each member state. Europe would also have its own army, something which would certainly undermine the authority of the UN. The majority of British voters and I'm sure many other Europeans, want a free trade agreement between countries but want to remain as individual countries not mere provinces of Europe. I believe the relationship we have with America has been strengthened by the fact that it is not hindered by red tape and bad press. The public do not like forced alliances like we have with France where they try and stand in our way on every decision we make. Back in the 1970's, France didn't want Briitain to join the EU at all but now they're bullying us into signing a constitution, which would bind us further. Thanks for the advice Italien Guy, we will try to keep out, the voters want to, but can Blair be trusted to uphold his promise of a referendum on the EU constitution and Euro currency?

I have to vote Israel. If your going to talk about just the actual military people I love the Brits, and love all my limey brothers..=) I have many Brittish "mates" that I'd deffinately risk life and limb for, and you couldn't ask for better bunch of guys.

That said however the Brittish public are not very supportive at all. They don't support us, and seem to barely support their own troops, because of this crazy wave of Anti Americanism sweeping Europe. About the only country I feel like we can count on at all is Israel. Besides, I'm tired of seeing them attacked in the media, just for fighting for their survival. Long live Israel, and our friendship. We got your backs.

Sgt. Nick Fury said:
I have to vote Israel. If your going to talk about just the actual military people I love the Brits, and love all my limey brothers..=) I have many Brittish "mates" that I'd deffinately risk life and limb for, and you couldn't ask for better bunch of guys.

That said however the Brittish public are not very supportive at all. They don't support us, and seem to barely support their own troops, because of this crazy wave of Anti Americanism sweeping Europe. About the only country I feel like we can count on at all is Israel. Besides, I'm tired of seeing them attacked in the media, just for fighting for their survival. Long live Israel, and our friendship. We got your backs.

That s right Nick, 's why I got Israeli flag besides Italy's.

Yup, and not just cause you're from italy man, but I would rank Italy very high as well. Italy treated our troops better then ANY country in Europe during WW2. Heck even in the late 1960's when my father was in the Navy, they stopped in Italy for R&R and as he was walking down the street of an Italian village, and a family invited him in (insisted really)and served him a very nice meal, breaking out the best wine and etc, just because they remembered what Americans had done for them in WW2........sorta a stark contrast compared to how we were treated by another LARGE European country that we liberated.

Yeah. Well not that we don't have what you call 'liberal' people, here.
But thank God our government has been sticking with our allies so far and we showed what men are all about. Hey Nick I'm sure you'll be interested in checking out the You Gotta Love Italy thread under Military Related News.

Nick I don't agree with you when you say that the British don't support their own troops, we do. Granted there was an anti-war feeling before the war, but pretty much every anti-war protestor supported our troops and hoped that their lives were safe. The marches, which ocurred against the war were mainly aimed at Blair and the government, it is the fact that there has been a great controversy over here after Blair allegedly edited a dossier containing vital intelligence on Iraq. It is not America the people do not like, it is Blair misleading them and the common view of Blair doing everything George Bush does. I personally feel ashamed about what the protestors did but I'm glad your President took it in good humour. Making a speech at Buckingham Palace he said 'I hear the last American who visited England was placed in a box hanging above the Thames, I'm sure there are those who would like to see that happen to me as well.' This was just after the David Blaine stunt.
I'm a Bush supporter and so are many other Brits, I was in London on the day of Bush's visit and saw many people with pro-American banners, those people just don't make a good news story though.
Please don't feel that there is a huge anti-American feeling here because it doesn't exist, the protestors were acting against Tony Blair not the American people. The feeling of goodwill towards Americans has been strengthened especially after the D-Day commemorations where we all remembered the sacrifice Americans made for Europe.

Redneck said:
Italian Guy said:
What a British display of perfect fair play and savoir faire, man.

What about a cup of tea at 5 o'clock ? :D

:?:

England Expects sounded so polite. I like English sense of politeness, dude. You know, not everyone's as rude and tough and countryish as rednecks are :oops: .

Being a redneck just means you have worked for a living. I would wager most country boys have said Yes and No, Sir and Mam.....more theny any other group.....don't be a redneck hater.....=P

Oh gosh hey dudes I really am NOT one of those pseudo- intellectuals, with snobish attitude and gentle manners. I don't like the sophisticated well educated guys who are pleased to show how innocently clean their hands are. I'm serious here = Up with hard workers, up with RNs all over the world ( most of my family can actually be called RNs, or a similar Italian version of that, my uncle being an illiterate fisherman and my parents having shown and taught me how common sense 99 % of the times makes up so well for so called education or culture.
And I definitely have clear ideas about it. ;)

Not iif I get the North a riled up again, to come on down and put the whup on you southern mens....wait a minute, Mississippi is my adopted home...Yeah lets whup them yankees of the world! You and me ... :D

Back