USNSCC - United States Navy (naval) Sea Cadet Corps

Sea_Cadet

Since I didnn't have an ARMY JROTC or any other JROTC unbit at my liberal High School, I decided to join the United States Navy(naval) Sea Cadet Corps.

And my time has been great in the unit so far.

I would have joined any other cadet orgaization if there was and an Army or Marine Corps. organization other than JROTC.

I don't like out local Civil Air Patrol Cadets, plus we train a lot harder than they do anyways. Plus they act too cocky at school.

Hey, my brother is in the Sea Cadet Corps, too. He just recieved the cadet of the year award in our area. You been to any camps yet? I hear from my brother that the MAA and Seabee Combat camps are pretty cool. Next summer he's probably going to the SEALs training camp. I was attending CAP for a little while, but I stopped going because it didn't interest me at all, and they also had very poor discipline. Plus, I'm not interested in joining the Air Force at all. And yes, from what I hear from my brother you guys in the Sea Cadets do train a lot harder than those CAP boys. I'm not trying to undermine the CAP though. Don't get me wrong.

I was in SCC at the same time as JROTC for a few weeks until I becmae unit CO...then since I had a ton of paperwork to do and since the sea cadets dont let you become officers...I quit.

IRT to skinny

no I have gone to any camps yet I have to go to Boot during christmas break then I think I'll go to honour gaurd school and and then Master-at-arms school.

Time said:
IRT to skinny

no I have gone to any camps yet I have to go to Boot during christmas break then I think I'll go to honour gaurd school and and then Master-at-arms school.

Sounds fun. Good luck.

I am SN Jackson and I just took my PO3 exam which was a piece of cake and I am going to amphib training and mini BUD/S this year.
I want to be a SEAL when I get older. Reply if you have similar goals.

I still have a bunch of patches and ribbons I traded with the US Sea Cadets while I was up there. Just pulled em out and looked at em.

Skinny said:
Hey, my brother is in the Sea Cadet Corps, too. He just recieved the cadet of the year award in our area. You been to any camps yet? I hear from my brother that the MAA and Seabee Combat camps are pretty cool. Next summer he's probably going to the SEALs training camp. I was attending CAP for a little while, but I stopped going because it didn't interest me at all, and they also had very poor discipline. Plus, I'm not interested in joining the Air Force at all. And yes, from what I hear from my brother you guys in the Sea Cadets do train a lot harder than those CAP boys. I'm not trying to undermine the CAP though. Don't get me wrong.

I understand where you are coming from. But please understand, every CAP squadron is different, we all have our faults. I was at a rocket launch, and when they went out to do recovery, another squadron stood at Parade Rest. It was stupid, but hey, if they have the discipline to stand at parade rest while they aren't doing anything, I'm not stopping them. And PT - I used to have some cadets in my squadron that literally killed my knees our PT was so hard. I would be sore for days afterward. It was hardcore. Believe me.

Not all places are the same! And things change with time.

The camp I went to when I was in cadets was tough stuff! Lots of running, push ups, drill, and the Divisional Petty Officers had full charge over you. Now, things are more tonned down, with Personal Harrasment Issues and stuff.

In my opinion, the Sea Cadets is the best program and the toughest. I went to the first Combat Seabee training in Sea Cadet history (July 2004) and they are discontinuing the training because of the drop out rate and on account of equaling the toughness of Mini BUD/S training which was the hardest, toughest, and restlessness training in the Sea Cadets. In order to go there, you must pass the actual SEAL PT test, which is said to be the hardest in the world ( BUD/S that is). I successfully completed Combat Seabee Training by the way.

SureShot223 said:
In my opinion, the Sea Cadets is the best program and the toughest. I went to the first Combat Seabee training in Sea Cadet history (July 2004) and they are discontinuing the training because of the drop out rate and on account of equaling the toughness of Mini BUD/S training which was the hardest, toughest, and restlessness training in the Sea Cadets. In order to go there, you must pass the actual SEAL PT test, which is said to be the hardest in the world ( BUD/S that is). I successfully completed Combat Seabee Training by the way.

Then you Know Foresta.

I wouldn't have minded Combat seabee training.

And they have it every year usually as far as I heard from my CO.

All I have to say is ...................

Foresta

I know a Solis from CB training and I think his first name was Forest but we called him "Spoon." He was in my boat crew and the boat crew leader for a week. He was a good leader.

PO3 Jackson
AKA Jacko** (Nickname from CB Training)

Yeah, they have had a CB construction training at Port Huyneme in CA but this was a all out combat school and it just got shut down because of the stuff they made us do. It was considered child abuse and the brass didnt like it

SureShot223 said:
Yeah, they have had a CB construction training at Port Huyneme in CA but this was a all out combat school and it just got shut down because of the stuff they made us do. It was considered child abuse and the brass didnt like it

If that was tru then SEAL training is gone, but it's not, I'm going to field training in the first summer evolution.

Back