USNSCC - United States Navy (naval) Sea Cadet Corps

Sea_Cadet said:
Never will you come to my territory, with that message. You guys can't even PT your cadets.
And you know that as a fact? We can't PT them as a form of punishment. But we know how to save lives. :D (I think that's all that matters)

nulli secundus said:
Sea_Cadet said:
Never will you come to my territory, with that message. You guys can't even PT your cadets.
And you know that as a fact? We can't PT them as a form of punishment. But we know how to save lives. :D (I think that's all that matters)

C'mon Nulli lets not get started on that CAP-Sea Cadet War again

We also save lives Nulli Secundus, maybe not on the scale you have, but we put more Cadets through Medical in the summer training evolution then you do. And some CAP cadets if not a lot need to be PTed. As a form of punishment to. It works quite well, trust me, if you don't then you'll find out when you enlist.

All I have to say, is if you want something worth it, Sea Cadets is the way to go. Our Training Program is insurmountable.

So you put more cadets through Medical training. That's one up on CAP. But do you have anything near our Ranger Teams? To this day, in the National Search and Rescue Manual, Air Force pararescuemen are first considered for supervision of ground search teams. “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”. :D

Sea_Cadet said:
And some CAP cadets if not a lot need to be PTed. As a form of punishment to. It works quite well, trust me, if you don't then you'll find out when you enlist..
Some yes, a lot no. Using PT as a form of punishment is not allowed in CAP. It is used as a form of discipline. Punishment is used to teach the cadet that he or she has done something wrong and there for needs to know and understand why it was wrong and what to do the next time. Discipline, well do I really have to, cadets should know what it is? But in CAP we have ways around it. Demerits can be worked off by PT (loopholes can be fun). I know PT is an effective form of punishment, but CAP doesn't want to be sued by some p:cen: ant cadet’s parents because they can't hack what is thrown at them.

nulli secundus said:
So you put more cadets through Medical training. That's one up on CAP. But do you have anything near our Ranger Teams? To this day, in the National Search and Rescue Manual, Air Force pararescuemen are first considered for supervision of ground search teams. “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”. :D

Sea_Cadet said:
And some CAP cadets if not a lot need to be PTed. As a form of punishment to. It works quite well, trust me, if you don't then you'll find out when you enlist..
Some yes, a lot no. Using PT as a form of punishment is not allowed in CAP. It is used as a form of discipline. Punishment is used to teach the cadet that he or she has done something wrong and there for needs to know and understand why it was wrong and what to do the next time. Discipline, well do I really have to, cadets should know what it is? But in CAP we have ways around it. Demerits can be worked off by PT (loopholes can be fun). I know PT is an effective form of punishment, but CAP doesn't want to be sued by some p:cen: ant cadet’s parents because they can't hack what is thrown at them.

And No we don't have specialized Ground Search Teams, Although since Hawk mountain is open for anyone to go to the Ranger school, it is an interesting venue.
And PT, should be used at each drill, as it is in ours. To keep the cadets physically fit, otherwise how do you expect the cadet to survive NBB, or Hawk Mountain Ranger School.
Yes I know my s:cen:, thatnkyou very much.

And trying to Compare the SEALs to anything is preposterous, even DELTA Force isn't comparable.

I wasn't questioning the stuff you know. I was pointing out things you might not of known. Besides, being physically fit doesn't mean jack if you don't have the motivation to keep going. A buff person can go to Hawk Mountain or NBB with no motivation and get his arse handed to him by someone who isn't as fit but has the motivation. The mind can do wonderful things when used properly.
Sea_Cadet said:
And trying to Compare the SEALs to anything is preposterous, even DELTA Force isn't comparable.
It's in the National Search and Rescue Manual. Tell the writer(s) of the National Search and Rescue Manual that. It states that after Air Force Para-Rescue Jumpers, “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”. Telling me isn't going to change the books. Hawk Mountain isn't open to just anyone. It's open to CAP cadets who have been to one encampment and completed the Curry Achievement. Although, that is only for those wishing to obtain R-3 (Ranger 3rd class). The higher you go in Ranger grades the more restrictions there are for attending Hawk Mountain.

From what i remember Hawk Mountain is open to more then Just CAP cadets.
They Have Canadian Cadets enrolled at Hawk Mountain.

Air Force Para-Rescue Jumpers
Yes the Air Force/ Air National Guard/ Coast Guard Para-Rescue Jumpers are good. But you cannot compare them to SEALs because the mission is different.

Whose comparing? It states that after Para Rescue Jumper, “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”. They aren't saying anyone is any better than the other or they are equal. This is for the supervision of ground search team operations here in the US. And Canadian cadets are not enrolled at Hawk Mountain. Hawk Mountain trains Cadets and Senior Members from around the country. Unless Canada has it's own Hawk Mountain Ranger School.

nulli secundus said:
Whose comparing? It states that after Para Rescue Jumper, “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”. They aren't saying anyone is any better than the other or they are equal. This is for the supervision of ground search team operations here in the US. And Canadian cadets are not enrolled at Hawk Mountain. Hawk Mountain trains Cadets and Senior Members from around the country. Unless Canada has it's own Hawk Mountain Ranger School.

Canadian Teams have gone and trained at hawk Mountain Ranger school. And no one sends a PJ into a firefight.

Xm 8 said:
I would have joined MCJROTC but nooooooooooo they only have AJROTC here! :cry: :x

I would have joined JROTC even if it was the chair force, although I'd rather have it be the Armyor the Marine Corps. JROTC, if it wasn't Navy JROTC. I'm a field Cadet, and that's the way it is.

But again Sea Cadets is the place for the Best of the Best, and I encourage anyone to join Multiple programs for it will increase your Military Knowledge.

Sea Cadets

Cadetgouge.org

Go start your own thread, We want the best. Two things my RDC hated: Liars and Thieves, and you're about to fall into one of those categories.

Sea_Cadet said:
Canadian Teams have gone and trained at hawk Mountain Ranger school. And no one sends a PJ into a firefight.
When did sending anyone into a firefight come up? Ever heard of the saying "Reading is fundimental"? Plus, Canadian cadets have never been sent to Hawk Mountain. You have to be a CAP cadet in America to go. Yeah, Canadian cadets do come here to America but under the Internation Air Cadet Exchange program. Or they transfer. But if they come as a IACE then they tour military bases and muesums. How many times do I have to post this? I hope this will be the last time. "To this day, in the National Search and Rescue Manual, Air Force pararescuemen are first considered for supervision of ground search teams. “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered next”." http://pawg.cap.gov/hawk/history.htm there's the url if you ever forget it. It's at the bottom.

*Sigh*...does this really need to be a flamefest between Sea Cadets and every other cadet corps in the United States and Canada. Sea_Cadet, may I suggest you tone it down a little bit-every branch and corps has its place, even if you like the NSCC better.

From my time in the NSCC, I also know that PT cannot be used as a form of punishment. I would suggest that your unit sticks to standard policy from here out on PT and discipline.

c/Commander said:
*Sigh*...does this really need to be a flamefest between Sea Cadets and every other cadet corps in the United States and Canada. Sea_Cadet, may I suggest you tone it down a little bit-every branch and corps has its place, even if you like the NSCC better.

From my time in the NSCC, I also know that PT cannot be used as a form of punishment. I would suggest that your unit sticks to standard policy from here out on PT and discipline.

Well we do, especially here in Cali, it is used at flagship, as a punishment, and it is used at the Home unit, and in CAP from what I have heard From C/TS Joe Themann, you guys don't have PT on a regular basis except for Pormotions. But look at pictures from the past Pictures From the Past

Generalizations don't cut it here. Maybe the squadrons C/Tsgt Themann has seen don't PT on a regular basis. But at my squadron we PT every chance we get. Except when in Blues for obvious reasons. Which is why you won't find a cadet who has been at our squadron for awhile who is out of shape. As well as, they are pretty smart for the most part. A fit body is nothing without a mind to match.

Sea_Cadet said:
We also save lives Nulli Secundus, maybe not on the scale you have, but we put more Cadets through Medical in the summer training evolution then you do. And some CAP cadets if not a lot need to be PTed. As a form of punishment to. It works quite well, trust me, if you don't then you'll find out when you enlist.

All I have to say, is if you want something worth it, Sea Cadets is the way to go. Our Training Program is insurmountable.

The military uses Reward system, not Punishment. That Philosophy is OUT!

Back