USMC waivers for tier 2?

I have decided after many months of thought to enlist in the USMC reserve force. I cannot go full time because I am 29 with a wife and three kids...too many dependants. I have already taken the ASVAB (86), pre-medical screening and have been using the daily 16 for the last 3 months in preparation for boot.( I have been in the construction field for 8 years, and hope this may help on the confidence course heh-heh) In the process of enlisting, I discovered that I was 1.5 credits shy of a high-school diploma (I did not bother going to school the last week senior year or even to show up for the ceremony...long story) and needed to take the GED. Aced that sad excuse for a standardized test only to find out that I am classified as a tier 2 recruit and must wait month to month for a slot to open as they only take 5% of the 40 some thousand recruits each year as tier 2's. My rather long prelude to a short question which is this...are there any waviers that will boost me to tier 1 since the basic requirement for tier 1 is only that you put in the day time hour minimums for the 4 years of high-school?(which I have done and even tracked down my old guidance counselor to verify it with the schools records)
My recruiter has only been a recruiter for 6 months and I am the first reservist he has had and he is trying his best to find out..but splits his days between 2 offices, so he is hard to get a hold of. I thought maybe I could research and help him out and this forum seemed an ideal place to question.
I am so ready to go and am aware of all the possibilities that may result from it. My wife supports me as this is something I have always wanted to do and we have the financial standing right now for me to be gone for some time. I believe strongly in what we are doing in the east and I want to do my part as best as I may, it's just this one small mistake from 11 years ago that is holding me up. Hopefully maybe someone here has a solution of maybe a precedence that maybe I can use.
Thank you all in advance.

Get your School Records and have your Recruiter take them to the SNCOIC of the RS. That might help on speeding it along if it's possible. What boils down to is ship dates and available Tier 1's.

Best of luck hope it works out for ya. Just remember it's a shot. It might not be possible to speed along a waiver.

Back