USMC Sergeant Issued Navy Cross but not Medal of Honor

This man is a true hero and for those who don't believe he was capable of such an act... that's the reason why those f*ck faces aren't infantrymen.
I hope he does get the Medal of Honor so generations of servicemen will remember him.
Heck, this guy wasn't even BORN in the United States and he loved it and gave more than most people who are born and raised there and take all the rights and privileges for granted.
I swear... this is the mother of screwedness.
At least we know him now. He makes every Marine proud and reminds the rest of us to what standard we must follow.

This just gets curiouser and curiouser. Apparently the Navy Cross Citation states that.

Sergeant Peralta reached out and pulled the grenade into his body, absorbing the brunt of the blast and shielding Marines a few feet away.

So there is doubt about it being an intentional act on Peraltas part? WTF over? It's in the Navy Cross citation. They are calling it an intentional act.

It rates the Medal of Honor!

^^ I agree. Marines seem to be getting shafted left and right here. Not cool!! :(

May Sgt Peralta rest in peace. :(

Holy crap, I loved Hunter as Presidential candidate, love him even more now, good son. I would assume his son told him he thought it was a shady deal so Mr. H took it and ran with it.

That and I believe the Peralta family is from his district. He's from Escondido so there's alot of Marines active and retired in that area.

I've e-mailed him, My senator (for all the good that will do) my congressman and Sentaor Jim Webb in Va, being a former SecNav and a Former Marine Officer with a Navy Cross, Purple Heart and various other decorations from Vietnam as well as being medically discharged for his wounds I figured it wouldn't hurt.

That's great Gunny, your a good man.
I think this is why we need McCain (not trying to go political promise), more so than any President we have had in many many yrs, I think a McCain Presidency would get folks working together from all parties and we could fix this type of stuff easier if it's justified without the decisions being made to satisfy parties but rather, for doing what's right for the American people. I'm not suggesting this is why the marine was juiced, but being an outsider on this one, I would say their is something political involved here. Jim Webb may or may not be a problem. With Hunter taking the lead, I doubt he would helkp much because he would be helping a Republican. I don't forget Webb's firearms issues, remember when President Bush said Webb was providing Security at the State of the Union address? If you gimme email addresses, I'll sign my name to them to back if ya wanna get something like that going for the site here? Make a little more noise.

But the thing you need to remember about Webb is this. He was a Marine Infantry Officer in combat. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was SecNav. Webb is a Marine. Unlike Murtha, Webb actually was in the boonies and was highly decorated for it. He lost his chance at a career because of his wounds.

I have faith in Jim Webb. I don't believe that in this case the party lines will overshadow the bond of Marines, I think he'll do whats right.

I got the E-mails off of their sites.

10-4 Gunny, I hope your right.
I really hope this issue is not politicized and the proper determination is made in this case. Justification for the decision made ought to be made public as well, otherwise I would assume cover-up somewhere.

Back