USMC?

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Hey guys, I know I'm only like 5 months into my 2 year service but at times I think about what I'll do after I get out of the RoKMC. I said it before I think but the RoKMC isn't a fine career path for two reasons:
1) We never fight
2) Pay sucks
and for me, English is my first language and Korean is my 2nd. Using Korean every single friggin' day is extremely stressful.

I've considered many things to get into, one of them is USMC possibly. I have some questions I guess I could start here.
What are the prospects for someone like this (this is me btw)?
1) 4 year College Education completed from GWU (not quite Ivy League but almost there)
2) Multilingual
3) Previous military experience
4) No US papers
5) Has LASEK surgery

Before I joined RoKMC I actually went to a USMC recruiter who told me that yes there is a way I could join, even though on paper I had no US credentials other than a student visa. Apparently by signing up I could get a Green Card or something like that.

Anyways if anyone has a clue any help would be nice. Just trying to see what options are out there... and partially to kill time. hehe.

Isnt RoK like mandatory for all korean borned citizens? O__o;; I heard they get paid 3 man won per month Wdf!!!! my cousin is in there ATM. XD
<3 being US borned.. im 100% korean though..

well I dont know.. im not a recruiter so i guess best of luck to you :shock:

Yes we are paid 30 bucks per month.
USMC would be a career choice.
This is just a term service thing.
Does your cousin serve in the RoK Marine Corps or in another service?

whoa that sux .. 30 dollars..
http://www.airforce.com/careers/paychart/index.php

this is the USAF paychart.. but all branches are almost all alike in pay so yea..
he was in US for highschool and college so he knows english and korean.
Sorry I dont know what he is in.. Just know he is in "gun dae"

his name is Han Jung Wun.. and his sister : http://search.daum.net/cgi-bin/nsp/...=tot&sw=tot&q=%BF%C3%B8%AE%B9%F6&pagew=1024px

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/3438/cimg18349pd.jpg <- His picture .. as u can see his not much of an army guy XD lol. Just wondering if u ever saw someone like him..

Yes you can enlist in the USMC. As what job or skill. That will depend on the security clearance is needed.

If your wishing to be an Officer you will need to become a US Citizen.

but doesnt minorities such as asians bad? I heard minorities make up like 2% of the Military and 74% white and rest is african american.....
I heard it sux to be in the force when your a minority because of the disrespect they get because of race..

i would think, and i think the line the USMC would push is that: once you are in, that achievement negates all issues of race. you are there because of you, you through your own strength and desire acheived this, race and religion dont matter.

yep. my Lt. Col. and SASI of my class was reading off Air Force statistics and its like 78%White and 12% Black or something like that. and over half of them were men.

JulesLee said:
but doesnt minorities such as asians bad? I heard minorities make up like 2% of the Military and 74% white and rest is african american.....
I heard it sux to be in the force when your a minority because of the disrespect they get because of race..

What you heard makes not one iota of difference here. I'm Mexican American. I've served with Whites, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders. I've served with about every religious faith you'd care to name. I've served with immigrants from Europe, Africa, South America, Central America, the Mid East, and Asia.

In my experience there is no embedded racism in the US Military. Are there racists? Sure. Just like in the outside world. The Military I've never seen a command where racism was tolerated or condoned.

I second the opinion expresed by 03USMC. In 22 years of service in the US military, I have never seen any form of racism tolerated at any level.

I never saw or heard of any racism being tolerated. In fact, from what I did witness it is one of the quickest ways to get your tail end into some of the worst mess you could imagine. You do the job and no one tolerates any form of bigotry whether racial, religious or gender.

03USMC said:
Yes you can enlist in the USMC. As what job or skill. That will depend on the security clearance is needed.

If your wishing to be an Officer you will need to become a US Citizen.

Sounds good enough. It's one of the options. I've got it lined up next to Police Officer.
I know I'll have to start off as Enlisted that's pretty much a given. How long it takes to be a US citizen I guess depends on a lot of factors.

So who knows what will happen.

Maybe in a few years you'll have a 28 year old 2nd Lieutenant decked out in a MARPAT :lol:

Back